Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Fan Trailer

Super Cheeze.

I had to FORCE the kids to sit all the way through the BR Movie.

I used to quote the little side kick robot, "be-de-bede-BUCK!" and when we watched it my wife said, "OH..that's a movie quote..."

I guess she thought I was some kind of nut before that.

Laughed my ass off when i was a child, it still does Edited by macelena

Of the "classic" SF franchises, Buck Rogers is the only one that hasn't had an attempted reboot lately.

That Flash Gordon show was just pathetic.

Beedee beedee beedee.....Buck, you too....

Funny, I remember Buck Rogers being on TV a long time...but apparently it was just 2 seasons.

I watched a few eps on Netflix and cringed...but Erin Grey was hot...

Classic Duck Dodgers on the other hand is still funny....much better than the 'reboot' it had on Cartoon Network not too long ago.

You know though, the original Buck Rogers story had some interesting concepts. A BSG style reboot could be a really good idea...just don't write yourself into a corner (hello, Hot Dog is the kid's father...really), and leave out the metaphysical stuff.

FC

I used to volunteer as a Range Officer for the Hollywood Celebrity Shoot events the NRA hosted to try to promote a more "firearms friendly" outlook in the entertainment industry. One of the regulars at the events was Erin Gray. She was one of the most unpretentious people I had the pleasure of working with during the events, and she was still an absolutely stunning beauty. She would bring an old pump shotgun for the sporting clays course that looked like a family heirloom her grandfather had given her. This lady is a real class act!

Edited by NeverEnough

Only reboot isif they use CGI of the original characters. Anything else is a waste of film.

They had a funny skit on Robot Chicken where a doctor tells Twiki "I'm afraid you have diabe-de-be-de-betes."

The first season was cheesy but still good overall and had some quite famous guest stars. Jack Palance, Roddy McDowell, Gary Coleman (who incidentally did a voice over spot for Robot Chicken just days before his death), Jamie Lee Curtis, and others.

The 2nd season was bad. Hawk was played by a guy whose overacting skills blew away Shatner or Frakes. The half-senile doctor was ridiculous, the whole pretense of the season was stupid. They tried to make it Star Trek without knowing how and failed.

I watched it all, and fell head over heels for Wilma...I could look at her in that jumpsuit all day. They actually had other actors in the show?