NS13Jarhead

OT-Micro$oft "Flight"

"Specially designed for people flying with mouse and key...."

I just lost my interest.

Interest I didn't have any since I saw it and definitely don't have it now... damn shame the games get dumber...

But... but... it's free to play.

And besides you get Hawaii to explore. Exiting, isn't it?

No TrackIr support, but expect to have Kinect support, that way you can enjoy with your all family.

But... but... it's free to play.

And besides you get Hawaii to explore. Exiting, isn't it?

No TrackIr support, but expect to have Kinect support, that way you can enjoy with your all family.

Still Arcade game. I think there are many people like me out there

always looking for serious simulator games. The only thing MS had to do, to

take the FSX code, put on it a well tuned graphical update and continously

add some new features or fix bugs.

And if they still wan't to go arcade: it's still big mama Microsoft.

How hard would it be to take some developer and place that arcade version

beside the serious one on the market. That won't cost MS not that much and they

would see, that the FSX 2.0+ will sell better.

I was being sarcastic, in you case you didn't notice. :this:

I see the confusion. You forgot to put the <sarc> tag in your response. :grin:

• Like 1

Flight simers are a dying breed, so if there is little demand why would they spend millions to make a game where they may not get a return in profit. The console game systems are what all the big game co. are catering to. Look at IL2 on XBOX/PS3. I think if game developers wanted to they could make a cool sim for consoles even have CH type stick & hotas, track IR, and additional switch/mfd pads. I'm afraid this will never happen either. I still use Microsoft 2000, and FSX on my older machine along with Jane's WWII, F-18, F-15, IAF, USAF, Falcon 4.0, Lock ON, IL2w/PAC Fighters, and Wings Over Legacy series.

I'm impressed.

I didn't think any series could go backwards that far, that fast. That explains the free to play model though.

Hellshade

• Like 1

I have spent way too much time posting about Flight at SimHQ over the last few days, so I'll keep this short.

Beta testers can't say much due to the NDA, but folks at SHQ have said that the game and FM (just like every other version of MSFS, even FSX!) are scalable. They have hinted that at higher realism settings, the FM feels no worse (if not better than) FSX. The cockpits are still clickable. I could go into FSX right now, turn the realism down, and then do all the ridiculous stuff you see the Flight trailer.

A lot of the trailers and videos seem to focus on the "arcade" possibilities of the game, but that doesn't mean the for simulator-ish aspects aren't still there as well. Any game or sim (even DCS A-10C) can be played with arcade settings and then if you wanted to you would see the same ridiculous stuff you see in the MS flight trailers. FSX had missions with challenges that used waypoint markers and bubbles on the screen to aid in the mission, but we still all consider FSX a sim, so their presence in MS Flight don't necessarily indicate that that it can't be flown as a sim.

So, I will reserve judgement until I actually have a chance to try it.

Edited by malibu43

I'm a beta tester. I can't comment on anything but I'll just say I'm amused at what people "know."

Well, I just registered for the Beta (don't know if it's too late or not) so I can just see for myself.

Then I can just sit back and laugh at these discussions (for what reason specifically, I'm not sure. But I'm sure I'll be able to laugh one way or the other! :grin: )

I'm a beta tester. I can't comment on anything but I'll just say I'm amused at what people "know."

It might be a good game. It might be playable on mouse/keyboard, game controller, or HOTAS. It might be scalable to all skill levels. But based on the video alone (which is the first time I even heard of the product), it appears to be designed as arcade flyer. If it's going the arcade route, I'd have been happier with a reboot of the Crimson Skies franchise. However, if it's going to be able to be a serious flight sim, WHERE ARE MY MACHINE GUNS!:cool:

Everything "might be" anything. It's like "may or may not," which the media uses so much. "A plane crashed in the mountains and officials indicate the cause may or may not be linked to terrorism." No sh*t, Sherlock.

Again, I'm not saying one way or the other, but my amusement remains. Not necessarily at you, Jarhead, but at flight simmers in general. Would love to explain why but I better wait until the NDA lapses.

JFM,

I'm gusssing/hoping that Flight will be much better than the promotional videos let on. Unfortunately, the marketing department is playing to the masses raised on Nintendo & X-Box, not to the tiny fraction of folks who search for realism and immersion. But that is where the money is.

I've truly enjoyed many of MS's combat flying games (especially the previously mentioned Crimson Skies), but I've never really caught the bug for the ones without guns. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Sounds pretty typical for MS I think CFS3 and OFF still win for offline combat flight, but I also like SDOE. But here lately I've also been flying FlightGear and I've come to love plain ol' vanilla, non combat general aviation, flying onlinewith a group of like minded barmy sods. And their helicopters are not bad. I'm getting pretty good at flying helis.

It's also a plus that I can add my own aircraft.

post-65486-0-64663800-1326512765.jpg

For me..it's not about MS Flight...it's about 3rd Party support.

All MS products are pretty awful when they are first released...and then the people who actually KNOW what the community wants, get to work..and transform the MS product.

So, for me..it's all about who else will support it

For me..it's not about MS Flight...it's about 3rd Party support.

All MS products are pretty awful when they are first released...and then the people who actually KNOW what the community wants, get to work..and transform the MS product.

So, for me..it's all about who else will support it

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358603-no-3rd-party-content-in-flight/page__p__2212007#entry2212007

Well, I just registered for the Beta (don't know if it's too late or not) so I can just see for myself.

Then I can just sit back and laugh at these discussions (for what reason specifically, I'm not sure. But I'm sure I'll be able to laugh one way or the other! :grin: )

Apparently it was not too late to register for the beta...

:grin:

Edited by malibu43