Sign in to follow this  
crewcheif

Okay I give up, I cant add an aircraft to save my life.

I have looked around here a bit and even looked through EricJ's guide and am just having no success at adding aircraft. I have created the new folders in the user area of third Wire, added aircraft here, objects there and so on. Still nothing will come up in the selection page of the aircraft menu. Is there another resource that can help me out? I just want to fly those DAMN F-14's!!!! This is a lot more of a PITA than SF1.

PS: i have WOV, WOE, WOI, all SF2 variants installed and up to date.

Thanks fellas.

What OS? In XP look in My Documents. Since you said users, I'm assuming Vista/7. In either case, you don't have to create any new folders. When you run the game for the first time the "mod" folders are created in the SAVED GAMES folder. Funny thing is, they aren't actually called mod folders.:boredom: Just Strike Fighters2, Strike Fighters2 Vietnam, etc. Those are the folders you need to drop those Tomcats into. Believe me, it's not more of a pita, just different. SF2 really has a much better, more logical layout. Let us know how it works out.

Edited by SupGen

Under Windows 7:

<Root>/Users/<User Name>/Saved Games/ThirdWire/<Strike Fighters 2 Folder name>/ (Note: if you have them all merged you'll have 4 SF2, SF2:V, SF2:E, SF2:I.)

IN there you may or may not have (depending on mods installed, i have a bunch so.) :

/Controls/

/Effects/

/Flight/

/Missions/

/Objects/

/PilotData/

/ScreenShots/

/Sounds/

/Terrains/

Download the F-14 Super Pack From Here:

http://combatace.com/topic/68044-tmf-f-14-tomcat-superpack/

Unzip to a Folder on the Desktop,

and You Should Have:

<F-14 Folder>/:

/Effects/

/Extras/

/Flight/

/Missions/

/Objects/

/Original Readmes/

/Sounds/

Highlight those 7 folders, choose Cut,.

go back to <Root>/Users/<User Name>/Saved Games/ThirdWire/<Strike Fighters 2 Folder name>/

Choose PASTE, When Prompted to Overwrite/Merge Files, Choose YES/CONFIRM for all files.

Boot Game, Change Game year to year plane was in service,

Also Make sure you boot which ever EXE you copied the Files to (ie, mods in <Root>/Users/<User Name>/Saved Games/ThirdWire/Strike Fighters 2 Israel/ will only show up when you boot SF2 Israel's EXE).

Edited by SkateZilla

If you cant find your "Saved Games" just search in on Windows 7. go in to the folder of the game you installed then copy over the mod you want to add! Hope this helps