In celebration of the upcoming Top Gun 3d Version and a maybe Top Gun 2, "Strike Fighters: Top Gun" will try to attempt what other Top Gun games has failed to do: create close-in, fast paced, movie-themed air combat seen in the actual movie.

Out of the box (mod) you will be able to fly in recreations of the air combat seen in the film, like taking off a carrier and rendevous with a helpless Iceman in less that a few minutes and engage in a 6v2 dogfight against MiG-28s (*cough* *F-5s* *cough).

Every attempt is being made to faithfully recreate the theme and feel of the movie, for instance the lack of long range missiles. All air combat will utilize heat seeking missiles for that close up, in your face air combat which forces the AI to really challenge you.

Unlike ALL Top Gun games, your opponents will include Mig-28s and for the Top Gun Missions: F-5 and A-4 Aggressors.

This mod is heavily mission based, expect no campaign.

Included in the missions is a USAF vs USN air battle F-15s vs F-14s, some sort of exercise i guess.

More info will be coming up soon! Thanks for your interest!

Features:

* Missions very similiar to sequences in the Movie

* 4 Models of F-14s, you could practically fly all the missions in a tomcat

* Carrier ops

* Arcade Like mission (the movie was arcade like anyway)

* Play as Maverick's dad in his F-4 who went missing in 1965 (um you will lose, its only a question of how long you can hold)

* Multiplayer in mind...

All credits will be given when the mod is finished. Mod Currently at 75%, trying to get good mountains at SoCal at the moment.

This will be my first mod... :)

Good luck with it !

As a fellow modder who suddenly has an entire team around him to help him, I just have few words of advice: Always keep your ambitions high, but your goals below the maxium attitude ceiling ;-)

I`ve been working on some old A-4 skins to update them to current standards, should you are interested:) this doesn´t have any ground weps, does it?

I`ve been working on some old A-4 skins to update them to current standards, should you are interested:) this doesn´t have any ground weps, does it?

Well the A-4s will be A-4 Super Echoes from Column5, these will appear solely on the Top Gun Missions. Ground Weapons will be used by the F-14D Model and others, but mainly the A-4 will be air-combat capable only.

Need help with SoCal ver2, the bloddy mountains look like gigantic piles of sand, Polak's Desert tile mod looks great but its messing up the rest of the flat terrain.. can anyone assist?

This is for 1st Gen games?

Some pics from my own Top Gun install I did a looong time ago:

Dogfight4.jpg

Dogfight2.jpg

ItsJester2.jpg

Lookoverthere.jpg

Viper.jpg

Yes this is for first Gen games, i want the multiplayer to work.

My mod by the way aims to give you that "dogfight" feel. No Sparrows, Pheonix's or AMRAAMs, it's either Heatseeker or Cannon, which brings on Jet vs Jet dogfighting.

This is also an attempt to get an Ace Combat experience from SF, without a hundred missiles though.

Edited by ShinKazama88

Yes this is for first Gen games, i want the multiplayer to work.

My mod by the way aims to give you that "dogfight" feel. No Sparrows, Pheonix's or AMRAAMs, it's either Heatseeker or Cannon, which brings on Jet vs Jet dogfighting.

This is also an attempt to get an Ace Combat experience from SF, without a hundred missiles though.

You might want to consider "sim" weapons for the top-gun mission

It could be easily done with dummy missiles with no warhead; so the hist should be registered, but there hould be not target dstruction.

You might want to consider "sim" weapons for the top-gun mission

It could be easily done with dummy missiles with no warhead; so the hist should be registered, but there hould be not target dstruction.

How does one go about implementing these "sim" weapons?

Update:

*The Instant Action will pit you (as Maverick's dad) against "bogeys like fire flies all over the sky"

*Menu changed to widescreen, Top Gun Main Screen created however still using the WOE buttons. Preview soon!

*Top Gun soundtrack added

*A-4s have flares for fair play

*Enhanced head movement added

*Final Battle sequence from movie "Launch the Alert 5" now made, testing

*Multiplayer spawn points set, lots of valley and "watch the mountains!"

When is possible download the mod?Regards,Teo

hey i like the idea of this lol

if you need skinning help i just finished watching topgun for the 28th time in 8 days (yeah im sad enough to put a movie on and let it run and run) ....so as a result i now have intimate knowledge of the decal positions on the planes and the casts helmets ......in fact i have maverick and goose done already if you want them

Edited by tonyspike