Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Good News From The Doc

As most of you know from an earlier post, what I thought was the flu over the Xmas weekend turned out to be acute renal failure and spent 4 days over the New Years weekend in hospital. After getting seen by the doc today I was told I could return to work next week and all my labs came back in the clear. The one worry is my blood sugar is now on the high side but that might be because I didn't have to fast, we'll see on the next test. From what i was told, I was within hours of a complete renal shutdown and the infection that caused all the problems was just barely held in check the first 24 hours. Had I not listened to the wife I would have really been in the hurt locker. On the plus side, my blood pressure is down to a normal number for the first time in 10 years and I've lost 20 pounds over the last week.

Having said that, I am getting back to my normal grouchy self and proving once and for all that I am too stupid or stubborn to die.

• Like 1

Great news sir, didn´t know of your condition, but glad things are getting better now

Great to hear its turned out alright for you - (well apart from the having to go back to work bit I suspect) :drinks:

Very happy you are feeling better my friend.

I'm glad everything worked out ok! jeez, sounds like a close one!

I don't mind going back to work, the doc gave me the option of staying out for another week but I know how badly behind my co-workers are at the moment so for me it's a no brainer. I did manage to get some WoV time in and finish one of my model projects. I am very lucky to work at a first rate medical center and made a lot of friends over the past 23 years. That ensured that I was not seen as just a patient but a "family" member. I was blown away by how many co-workers found an excuse to pop in to see how I was doing. This ran from the housekeepers and engineers to a couple of department heads in the medical side of the house. When I get back the staff on that floor will be getting priority service from my department for quite a while.

As for everything else, I plan on keeping to my new diet as much as I can, seeing my daughters and grandchildren worry like they have been is enough motivation to stay healthy for them. That and hearing my son the Marine's voice crack because he can't get home to see me because of an upcoming Det was too much. I guess my kids seem to need me to be around for a while longer.

:good:

OOOHHHRRRAAAHHH!!! Ordy. Glad to hear your doing better. :clapping:

Kids and grandkids have a way of making us do what we're supposed to,instead of what we want to do.

I'm trying to lose 25 lbs(VA Doc(Army Lt/Col) has a way of making me feel fat)

He calls me "Marine and a half". :lol:

My problem is 'grazing' all night while watching TV.