Sign in to follow this  
Vorlon

Altering Font Sizes

OK apologies if somebody has already posted this, but I found the radar in the top right annoying, so after scratching around I understood I could extract the huddata.ini file from FlightData.cat and by deleting the word "radar" turn it off.

I also altered the textsize setting to 10 (from 12) which made the other boxes (Waypoint Info & Target Info) a bit smaller, and then extracted the messagesystem.ini and altered the textsixe to 10 there as well.

believe me it makes a nice difference - still perfectly readable but nowehere near as intrusive.

It's also worth doing the flightengine.ini highdetailoption adjustment maxtextureres=0 (instaed of -1) improved my rame rate with no detail problems or loss I could notice!

Hope this helps somebody

Cool, thanks for the tips! I'll mess with that maxtextures setting here as well.