Olham

Everyone still in Christmas Coma here?

Since my return from Ostfriesland, things have been very quiet here.

Maybe some are still on holidays?

Well, I guess, everybody is waiting for P4, but all questions we could think of

were asked many times (and mostly answered devels' cryptic code).

:cool:

My mom's good food, and all the self-baked cakes led inevitably to eating too much (like every year).

Even a strong will could not resist it - now I know why Zen monks often spend many years in lonely

contemplation. It's tough to try to resist all the good things.

But I have - like Lou - made some New Years Resolutions. They are quite simple.

1. Consume less sugar and sweet products

2. Go jogging 3 times a week for at least half an hour.

3. Go to the Fitness Studio at least once a week.

Now some may say, this was too little to be effective, but I know it is enough for me - I must only do it.

It's easy to overburden yourself with so much, that you can only fail in the end.

I wish everyone with similar resolutions a good success.

And remember - it's not a must. You WANT to change something.

A healthy and successfull new year everyone!

Edited by Olham

New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. Twain

Good Luck Ol........

Still finishing off the Christmas food here ...so you're ahead of us!

But I have - like Lou - made some New Years Resolutions.

I am so deep in Christmas Coma that I break out in a cold sweat every time I see RAF_Lou's posting. Especially since I know he's right.

Been a few threads moved to the pub too...

But, having lost a day this week, (I was convinced this was Saturday) I must confess you might have a point. Medic! Medic!

Of all the days to lose, I lose a Saturday!!! Deeesaster.

Edited by Flyby PC

:drinks: Little physical things add up. Walk a little more, take the stairs, less sugar, park the car further out in the parking lot. .

As I mentioned in my 'Flying Desk Redux' post, I have been on the road a crazy amount since the holidays. I leave again tomorrow for Elkhart, Indiana for two days, then up to Duluth, Minnesota on Thursday and not home until Saturday night. I wish it would settle down a tad, but then I remember I am one of the lucky ones who still has a full-time job. Besides, all that driving gives me time to come up with scads of great ideas. grin.gif

Lou, a driving job is not too bad, I suppose - you must feel rather free,

compared to an office sitter I mean. And a full time job is something to

have these days.

Not sure about a driving job. Freedom yes, but lots of stress in traffic and pressure to be places on time, finding addresses, and paying for the fuel ....

I like driving, but enjoy it best when it's my choice to do it.

Got to admit I love sat nav. Tells me where to go and when I'll be there.

Hi Olham!

I am coming out of my Christmas Coma. It wasn't the best holiday season I ever had but... I spent a glorious New Years Eve with my beautiful girlfriend, drinking champagne and dancing the night away in a beautiful ball room. I too am starting the new year with some physical activity. I'm visiting the gym here at my apartment complex every day (I'm taking today off lol), for about half an hour to an hour. It's made a huge difference in my outlook on my work and just life in general.

You probably missed it because you were off on holiday but I had a terrible experience with customer service regarding my Laptop which has been broken since September. It looks like the story might have a happy ending. After blogging angrily about it, I got the attention of someone at Lenovo and it looks like they are going to get it back to working order (for the first time!), free of charge. We'll see how that turns out.

How's things on your end my friend? I have to admit, the flight sim bug has bitten me harder than ever. I'm flying lots of patrols and even venturing into the civilian side of things with FS2004. My girlfriend is talking about buying me some flying lessons for my upcoming 30th birthday next month! (How cool is it to date a gorgeous woman who comes with her own flight suit? I kid you not!). I hope all is well in Germany. Good to see you back around the boards!

How cool is it to date a gorgeous woman who comes with her own flight suit? I kid you not!

Photos! Photos!!!!

Yes, all is well for me, I guess. Quite winter-sleepy - must really force myself to do the sports.

It's too often too grey here in winter.

First film of the year tomorrow. nice little 28-minute thing. already pre-approved for 3 festivals, so no pressure.

Took an extra week off to recharge scoring abilities, ready to start now.

• Like 1

Congrats to that, Matt - it is important for composers to appear in the credits of as many films as possible, I guess.

Is your soundtrack for P4 alread done?

This time of year sucks badly. I hate it. A couple of dark and cold winter months to endure before it gets easier. Hard to feel optimistic about anything, but I'm trying.

What we need to feel "good" or "optimistc" is, among other stuff, Serotonine.

The more we have of that in the brain's chemistry, the more positive we feel.

An important factor for producing Serotonine is sunlight.

As you don't get any of that in winter at the polar circle, you should go to a

"Sunlight Café", if you have one where you live, Hasse Wind.

I saw that on TV, that they install such Cafés in Norway and Finnland now.

You have very bright light in there with the same amount of Ultraviolett light,

as the sun would give you, and you just spend the time for one or two cups

of coffee in there. (Perhaps they do even sell beer or other drinks?)

Actually I've been thinking of buying a small light device that is put inside the ear and activated for a few minutes each day. There have been good results from using the device.

But obviously nothing quite matches the real thing, a clear blue sky with the Sun shining brightly.

Light - in the ear? How does that work???

A good enough holiday seasons for me. Basically just waiting on P4. Until that comes out, I'm, watching for new screenshots or Preview Movies. The only other game on my "radar" is Guild Wars 2 and I have some doubts about that one. I hear there is an effort to get Dark Souls released on the PC. Currently only a PS3 title. If that happens, I'm sure I'll give it a go.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Light - in the ear? How does that work???

It goes directly to brain through the ear channel. The bone is quite thin there, which makes it possible for the light to penetrate it easily.

I didnt enjoy Christmas or New Year very much either TBH..... Four hours sitting at my Father in Laws House, listening to the same old stories I've heard for the last fifteen years...and sitting at the table, opposite my Ex Business partner, and Brother-in-Law.....wondering if it's worth doing 25 yrs in Prison, just to stick the Carving Knife through his Brain!

I didnt enjoy Christmas or New Year very much either TBH..... Four hours sitting at my Father in Laws House, listening to the same old stories I've heard for the last fifteen years...and sitting at the table, opposite my Ex Business partner, and Brother-in-Law.....wondering if it's worth doing 25 yrs in Prison, just to stick the Carving Knife through his Brain!

Yikes... sounds like my Christmas. Lots of family strife, and very unpleasant. :help:

....wondering if it's worth doing 25 yrs in Prison, just to stick the Carving Knife through his Brain!

Definite answer: nope, not worth it. Next time you should rather catch yourself a flue in time;

or simply tell him, that every carp you ever caught seemed to have more brain and was much

better looking than him.

Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

Edited by Olham

Hi there coma types,

To get out of such, don't look at the Christmas bills, make sure all the decorations are put away. Forget about buying more eggnog, you'll just want to put Rum in it. Don't diet, but do make a lifestyle and eating habit change.

Try HITS, what????? High Intensity Interval Training. My wife got me into it. She lost 15 lbs and > 4 inches off her waistline, and her legs look like a twenty year old models! You do your warm up, typically stretch a bit, then 10 minutes med intensity whatever you are doing for cardio. Lets say it's biking. For your 11th minute you'll do 30 seconds flat out fast, and increase the resistance, then, a 15 second break of rest ( minor pedalling) then on again for 30 seconds, etc. It will almost KILL you, so perhaps start with 3 x 30 second intervals, then a 5 minute cool down and then stretch. This is scientific stuff, giving you a 36 % more efficient cardio workout, and a 28 % increase in muscle building and stamina compared to a regular w/o on a bike, or whatever cardio you do. It's that simple. I am up to 7 cycles of 30 second w/o's. My wife kills me, she does 12! OK, she is 10 years younger, at least that's my excuse.....Oh, don't forget the Vitamin D pills for additional well being... you're welcome :grin:

Britisheh