Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

[Fictional] SAAB/IAI JAS39I Kherev (Sword)

[Fictional] SAAB/IAI JAS39I Kherev (Sword)

This is a mod of the JAS-39C from the Gripen Team to make it look like fighterplane for the israeli air force.

BACKGROUND:

Israel, although not being part of the european community (not even being on the european continent) was almost always treated like being an european country. After the EESP-signment, Israel offered Italy and Greece to replace their Vipers with Barak- and Sufa-Versions from IAI. In exchange and tying in with the cooperation concerning the Chez (israeli Draken), the IDF wanted the Gripen as a replacement for their aged Ahit.

The EU was ok with that treaty and allowed Italy to exchange their planes. Greece refused and decided in favor of the Gripen and the EF-2000 Typhoon. At the end of 2012, Israeli received their ordered planes and named them 'Kherev' (Sword). From the 72 ordered planes, 16 were two-seaters.

The Kherev was the first plane in the IDF to receive a digital camo.

INSTALLATION:

Simply drop the Folders into your Strike Fighters Mods Folder.

CREDITS:

VERY VERY BIG THANKS TO GUX FOR ALLOWING ME TO RELEASE THIS PLANE!

Thanks to Brain32 for adapting the plane to SF2-Standards!

ORIGINAL CREDITS:

Model, Weps and Skins by Gux

FM by Column5

Avionics by Moonjumper and Jat

Testing by USAFMTL

Enjoy...

NazGhul