Hauksbee

OT-Microsoft CFS WWII Europe Series...

Ah, the good old days of flight sims. Occasionally I get the itch to go up a T-Bone with some FW 190s, but CFS1 (as I think of it) will not respond to the joystick. I go to Settings, and along the way I get as many as three Dialog Boxes saying "Your ( )device has changed from (gibberish) to (gibberish). Would you like to reset the control assignments? (recommended) (See attached) I always say 'yes'.

When I get into Settings and arrive at the graphic that allows me to test the axes of control, the little dialog boxes know that I'm using a Thrustmaster Flightstick-X (no other choices appear) and the graphic responds nicely to Pitch, Yaw and rudder Rotation. The Hat Switch also responds. All systems seem to be working. But when I go to Free Flight and try to take off, the jotstick is dead.

Anyone know how to correct this? Thanks.

Edited by Hauksbee

Ah, the good old days of flight sims. Occasionally I get the itch to go up a T-Bone with some FW 190s, but CFS1 (as I think of it) will not respond to the joystick. I go to Settings, and along the way I get as many as three Dialog Boxes saying "Your ( )device has changed from (gibberish) to (gibberish). Would you like to reset the control assignments? (recommended) (See attached) I always say 'yes'.

When I get into Settings and arrive at the graphic that allows me to test the axes of control, the little dialog boxes know that I'm using a Thrustmaster Flightstick-X (no other choices appear) and the graphic responds nicely to Pitch, Yaw and rudder Rotation. The Hat Switch also responds. All systems seem to be working. But when I go to Free Flight and try to take off, the jotstick is dead.

Anyone know how to correct this? Thanks.

I would post this at "The Sim Outhouse" in the CFS1 forum. It is still supported there with current players.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?12-CFS1-General-Discussion

Cheers MarkL

blimey...good old cfs1....I used to import FS2000 aircraft into that!.... was good fun trying to shoot down a Boeing 737 with a spitfire! :grin:

blimey...good old cfs1....

"Good old" indeed. I remember, back in the day, when I walked into a computer store and there was this huge stack of CFS1s and promo video running on a monitor. I was dazzled by the graphics...pixelated clouds and all. I was hooked. Whoever thought back then that one of the descendants of CFS1 would morph into our beloved OFF?

Thanks for the tip, Markl. I'll check it out.