Hi CA Community!!! What are the advantages of SFP2 over SFP1 ?? I already have SFP1 and I'm planning to buy the second generation sim. Is it worth it??

Regards!!!!

Ignacioc91

If you have windows 7 then, yes, the advantages of directx 10 and higher graphics are impressive.

Overall the quality of the stock aircraft and cockpits is higher and the inclusion of a mission editor makes SF2 a very complete sim.

I think it's been said before but I would start with SF2 Europe and go from there.

If you have windows 7 then, yes, the advantages of directx 10 and higher graphics are impressive.

Overall the quality of the stock aircraft and cockpits is higher and the inclusion of a mission editor makes SF2 a very complete sim.

I think it's been said before but I would start with SF2 Europe and go from there.

I have Windows XP. Do I still get the graphic enhancement?

nope. not without Win7 and it's native DX10 support.

however, having said that, you'll be slightly ahead of the curve by already having SF2 when it's Computer Upgrade Time ™, and not have to run around too terribly much to catch up

Well, the things like textures and 3d models are the same regardless which OS you use, so it WILL look better, stock SF2 vs stock SFP1 that is.

The fancy shaders and improved performance depend on DX10, though, so the better lighting and shadows and stuff you'll miss out on.

umm is the F-16/Netz and F-15/Baz missing from the SF2:Europe list or am i just blind?

I wouldn't expect to see the F-16 there. The F-15A should be there. Is it not?

NEW Objects in the SF2 series ( That's in addition to the original Aircraft from the first series)

why would they be in the SF2E list? Netz and Baz are in SF2I, although there are mods to make the Netz into a F-16A for Europe.