Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Mwahahahah! Space-related

The rockets are dropping like flies, but the Mars probe was too expensive to admit incompetence, so

http://en.rian.ru/trend/phobos_grunt_2011/

the inexplicable malfunction of the Russian spacecraft could have been caused by “interference from a foreign technical facility.”
The investigators said that they would stage an experiment where a model Phobos will be subjected to radiation similar to that from U.S. radars.

yeah I heard the "rumors" over at ATS forums that Fobos was disabled by third-party country (namely US-China-India):rofl:

They don't want us to discover that Fobos is in fact ancient space ship. Poor Richard. C. Hoagland :grin:

OK, the final official results are in. What did they come up with?

Apparently the interplanetary probe's electronics were not shielded against space radiation.

:blink:

:blink:

:rofl:

What teh ufkc? they send a space craft without properly protection?

Uh...yeah. Guess the probe would've been fine...had they never launched it.

Some blame it on counterfeit Chinese components being not up to spec. Didn't they find a high percent of those even in the US military avionics recently? http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2011/11/08/boeing-military-products-may-contain.html

Ah, even funnier. 62% of electronic components in Fobos were reportedly made to industry spec, not space. Common sense explanation is that the launch was rushed.

Edited by Gr.Viper

Argh...I'm having Armageddon flashbacks!!! "All made in Taiwan!" Or in this case, probably Foxconn. :biggrin:

they didn't hit it enough. have they forgotten how you fix things in Russian space program? :rofl:

I'm still gobsmacked at the idea of spinning Mir for gravity. :biggrin:

I'm still gobsmacked at the idea of spinning Mir for gravity. :biggrin:

Even worse ... they spun it up before FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE docked ... that's frakking stuuupid!!!