MikeDixonUK

OT: Thanks, Widowmaker!

I've been trying to get FSX to run somewhere at a somewhere near acceptable level since it first came out - tried searching across the internet and tweaked the config with lots of different stuff, but no matter what I did I ended up with some naff, flat looking buggy flickering low FPS mess that was more likely to make you randomly skip into the side of a building than fly in a straight line.

Well a few weeks back Widowmaker posted a link to a config tool to sort it out, I only just tried it a few days ago and it's running like a dream!

Now I can finally get the thing to look like all those screenshots I've been seeing of it all the time!

Good show that man!

I'll be sure to buy you a pint or two in the Officer's Mess!* :drinks:

(*That's if I don't spend all my money on bloody FSX addons!)

Edited by MikeDixonUK

I've been trying to get FSX to run somewhere at a somewhere near acceptable level since it first came out - tried searching across the internet and tweaked the config with lots of different stuff, but no matter what I did I ended up with some naff, flat looking buggy flickering low FPS mess that was more likely to make you randomly skip into the side of a building than fly in a straight line.

Well a few weeks back Widowmaker posted a link to a config tool to sort it out, I only just tried it a few days ago and it's running like a dream!

Now I can finally get the thing to look like all those screenshots I've been seeing of it all the time!

Good show that man!

I'll be sure to buy you a pint or two in the Officer's Mess!* :drinks:

(*That's if I don't spend all my money on bloody FSX addons!)

Could you point me to what you used, I may give it a go as well. FSX is hard to get running smoothly.

Cheers MarkL

Great News Mike...I'm so pleased you are happy with it!....It's quite an unbelievable piece of software!...If only Cliffs of Dover had a similar version!

Yikes, I may have to reinstall FSX. But do I want to open that can of worms???

And now that I've got it to work I can continue my old Over Flanders Fields DiD Pilot using the Air Hauler program and a Bristol Fighter.

It's January 1919 and he's set up an Air Mail company in New Zealand! :grin:

diamco.jpg

firstcargojob.jpg

I love a happy ending so I do!

Hahaha....Nice one Mike!....how cool is that?...take him through the OFF Air War..and into FSX Civvie street! :drinks:

Yikes, I may have to reinstall FSX. But do I want to open that can of worms???

This software does all the hard work for you! :good: