Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed

Can't evade radar and heat-seeking missiles

Hello everybody

sometimes playing dogfight F16 block 52 vs typoon , F18C , F14 (F14 have AIM-54 Phoenix missile which is very good in my opinion) .... make distance like 50nm and loaded with ECM .... use my RWS or TWS radar and lock on the bandit and fire amissile ( AIM 120C) .... at same time the bandit fire amissile too .... the problem is about eveading those missile .... all i do drop chaffs and make tight turn into the ground , nearly 50 feet above the ground make turn right and left trying make the missile 3 or 9 clock sometimes evade it and sometimes hit me while evading .... with heat seaking missile drop flares and maneuver same Tactic , sometimes succes and sometimes not ..... i tried watch how radar missle work .... whatever i did he swear to hit me :) no way to escape ... i think evading surface to air missiles is much easier ...... as i said is the problem in my tactics ???? sry for long topic and bad english :) see you guys and have anice and safe flight thank you all

Edited by Mohamed

It's very hard in Falcon. You need to time it very well to evade. Jammers and chaff/flares seem to work ONLY when coupled with the perfect break at the right time. Actually, jammers only decrease the range they can attack you at. I've never spoofed a missile with the jammer.

Practice with labels on so you can see exactly where the missile is. Too soon a break and it just follows you. Too late and it barely has to move.

It's very hard in Falcon. You need to time it very well to evade. Jammers and chaff/flares seem to work ONLY when coupled with the perfect break at the right time. Actually, jammers only decrease the range they can attack you at. I've never spoofed a missile with the jammer.

Practice with labels on so you can see exactly where the missile is. Too soon a break and it just follows you. Too late and it barely has to move.

Thx 4 replaying .... by the way i use enchnced padlocking so i can padlock into launched missiles and bandits .... i try not make abreak turn too early or too late and see how its going .... thx again have anice fly ..... Greetings to you

Greetings,

The missile evading procedures are a lot and always you should know the weaknesses of every missile to evade successfuly. First of all, chaffs are not to be used after you are locked on. Chaffs are little pieces of aluminium foil which make the radar recognise them as a contact. So in real-world you use them to make the enemy track the chaff instead of your airplane. Flares are to be used after missile launch but you have to use them at the right time with correnct angle and Gs. Flares are used to make the missile less destructive. That means that it is not sure you are gonna evade the missile but it is sure that it will make less damage to you.

When comes for radar misslies...firstly when a missile is fired to you you MUST turn your ECM to stand-by. ECM transmits electromagnetic waves to jam the enemy radar so when they fire a missile to you and the ECM is on the missile's radar tracks these waves and follows you. You should also put you radar from norm to quiet or silent. Another good technique is to force the missile overspeed and hit the ground.

That's all for now. If anything comes up or if you need something more special let me know :D

make the missile 3 or 9 clock sometimes evade it and sometimes hit me while evading

you need to drag the missile out i.e. put it on your tail and outrun it. real bvr tactics work that way

notching worked pretty good in the old days against fox1 shots but for AHMs not so much

this article should help, especially section 5 (the last one about Minimum Abort Range)

http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php?150-AMRAAM-Pilot-Guide