Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

THe land of the red sausages

Someone interessted in?

post-3395-0-17261600-1327069930.jpg

1000 x 1000 km in real scale

Danmark complete, South Sweden, little parts of Norway, Germany and Poland

Terrain for possible WW3 scenario "Jutland operation" WPac Navies attempt to break out the Baltic

• Like 1

WOW!!!!

naval ops......yuummmm!!!

JAWOHL !!!!!!!! :good: :good: :good:

JA!:clapping:

Edited by Stary

I remember back when playing CFS2 online where we would all meet in some fjord and just kick the snot out of each other,,,, Good times......., Good times.......

Nice...

Hey Michael,

I became big friends with a dog owner in Danmark when we agreed that the country was named after the Great Dane dog, so we do know where the name Danmark comes from, but what is the role of the red sausages ? :grin: Being Dansk maybe Henrik can give his opinion too ??

Houdoe,

Derk

Terrific!!!!!!!!!!! You should add some Scotland shoreline/Shetlands/Orkneys on it to make it more complete. Congrats!!!

To ask your question, Derk, it is the typical special meal in Denmark to eat the red sausages. It has the size of a "Wiener Würstchen" as we call it in Germany, or a Hot Dog for our american friends, (Excurs: by the way, the name Hot Dog is a not very good translation from the german language. In the very old time in some areas of Germany the "Wiener Würstchen" was called "Dackelwurst", dont know why, And when german emigrants went to America, they took the "Dackelwurst" on their travel. But beyond the big pont, nobody knows a "Dackelwurst", so it was not a good selling point. So they translated it word by word into "Dachshoundsausages". But this was to long and so it became the name "Hot Dog. Excurs finished)

And to come back to Denmark. There they make red "Hot Dogs". Dont know why. But i think its funny.

And by the way, i love Denmark.

Egon Olsen for ever! :drinks:

Edited by Gepard

To ask your question, Derk, it is the typical special meal in Denmark to eat the red sausages. It has the size of a "Wiener Würstchen" as we call it in Germany, or a Hot Dog for our american friends, (Excurs: by the way, the name Hot Dog is a not very good translation from the german language. In the very old time in some areas of Germany the "Wiener Würstchen" was called "Dackelwurst", dont know why, And when german emigrants went to America, they took the "Dackelwurst" on their travel. But beyond the big pont, nobody knows a "Dackelwurst", so it was not a good selling point. So they translated it word by word into "Dachshoundsausages". But this was to long and so it became the name "Hot Dog. Excurs finished)

And to come back to Denmark. There they make red "Hot Dogs". Dont know why. But i think its funny.

And by the way, i love Denmark.

Egon Olsen for ever! :drinks:

Ha, ha, Michael, to be perfectly honest I CAN think of at least SOME Dachshünde that remind me of a Wiener Wurst so the idea of Dackelwurst is at least understandable...... . Thxs for the explanation anyway and as for Denmark: love it too !!!:good:

A small status report:

all danish, swedish, westgerman, eastgerman, polish and soviet airbases are placed now on the map. Towns are placed for all nations.

Sweden is set as Neutral, dont worry that the swedish targets are shown in red. They are not used by the red side.

post-3395-0-86116000-1328457991.jpg

And for the case, that someone thinks that the red sausages of Denmark are only a rumour:

post-3395-0-51033000-1328458059.jpg

:drinks: Skol!!! :drinks:

an oddity of the targets ini, when targets areas are set to NEUTRAL, they show up red. Guess there's only red or blue markers in a dll somwhere!

Here a short preview terrain.

- all airfields set on the map, but they are still only skeletons (no shelters etc.pp)

- air Defence networks set for Denmark and East Germany

- ground combat only at 2 beachheads on danish islands

is made for WOE, use stock GermanyCE terrain as basic.

2 new tiles, others to make a better coastline will follow.

Its still a lot to do.

To install simply unzip intp your WOE/terrain folder

Ostseeausgang.rar

The SAM network in east Germany i have newly designed.

Much more fun now.

post-3395-0-32243100-1330185935.jpg

Each red dot is a SAM launch site with one SAM radar and six launchers.

Schleswig Jagel Fliegerhorst. (Beta version)

West german airbase in north of Germany.

post-3395-0-32022400-1331758680.jpg

• Like 1