Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Mustang returns!

2012 looks to be a good year for flight simming

just saw thia

shots are alpha though

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3500666.html#Post3500666

Very cool! Oh man, no 2 hour tutorials on how to profile missiles, select bombs and rocket salvos, or gun fire rates! Get in and hose! I DIG THIS! It would be cool if they made it an F-51 in Korea, as there are no Korea sims out for years, but I'll take what DCS puts out.

Edited by TeargasHorse

well they mighthave skins for it. or is customizable for that era. :clapping:

I still dont get what you supposed to do with a P-51 in the DCS world.

Very cool! Oh man, no 2 hour tutorials on how to profile missiles, select bombs and rocket salvos, or gun fire rates! Get in and hose! I DIG THIS! It would be cool if they made it an F-51 in Korea, as there are no Korea sims out for years, but I'll take what DCS puts out.

IMO, Korea would be the appropriate setting for this bird, not WWII. In Korea you get meaningful ground support missions and you wouldn't have to cover all of western Europe or the area between Iwo Jima and Honshu.

IMO this is sign that DCS has no idea what to do with their engine and has no concepts for long time series, seriously Mustang in the Georgian theater hunting Frogfoots?:blink:

I DO know that Froogfoot screen is for laugh mostly (I hope so...) but...

Isn't that too "LITE" :wink: for Digital Combat Simulator? Oh, the fanbase will defend such decision I'm sure, but what's next? Typhoons bombing Kievs? Or better, Gothas?

DCS has great terrain engine with very good ground units behaviour implementation, suitable for Korean sim, but that's something they aren't experts in -yet (props/early jets)

I still dont get what you supposed to do with a P-51 in the DCS world.

my point exactly

edit:

clarification, typo

Edited by Stary

I can just see that... ED looking at our screenshots of P-51D fighting F-16 in SF2I and thinking: That's exactly what the public wants!

Seriously, what the hell? Is the release planned for April, the 1st?

GrimViper, the mesh for P-51 already was found by users in A-10C after one of patches, so no, it's legit, haven't been looking into it myself

Yeah a P-51 is exactly what everyone's been missing...

no, they were missing yet another F-16 :tongue:

Wouldn't surprise me if the next jet is an F-16. After all, it's supposed to be a "very popular US fighter".

I'd love DCS Tornado...

Waste of time doing the P-51. The plane never flew in the region where the DCS map exists. I doubt they're going to do a new map and new textures ala WWII so it's pretty much going to be a tech simulator more than anything else. The really sad thing is that they're spending time on crap like this while taking longer to do the fast mover that everyone is waiting for. The community has been begging for dedicated server software as well. ED doesn't listen much to it's customers, it's all about pumping out the product without beta testing it fully, then patching it later. 11 patches into DCS A10C and stuff is still broken, or new stuff is broken. Their beta testers are morons and those that actually have tested in the past for them have been alienated by ED's devs and forum moderators. To the point where the good beta testers quit.

I think they are just pulling money from it. It's obviously easier to model a WW2 fighter than a more modern jet.

Especially in cockpit department(no electronics whatsoever), but also in flight modeling, weapon system, well...everything.

But yeah it makes no sense useability-wise

Great you can reenact the P-51 and A-10C flypast and relive those classic airshow moments :lol:

Okay, what happened to all the modern stuff they were working on? I thought they were remaking Lock On or at least going to release an F-15 component. Now some random P-51? Strange.

Nah, it will be EPIC! :grin:

Canned campaign mission No. 4

"7.00 am. Flight of four P-51D departs to strafe the parked He-162s at Tempelhof S-300 units deployed near Poti. Overcast weather. Possible threat from a flight of Bf-109G10, FW-190D4 Su-27, Su-33"

ok, reincarnation of CYAC build with DCS:A-10C engine would be cool though :good:

edit:

good point about waste of resources/time Ruggbutt

Edited by Stary

Oh, a P-51D?

*snores*

Honestly, I expected more from DCS. I dont mind a WW2 Era bird in the right setting, but just as a flyable for money with only modern planes as opposition? No thanks

fugly that skin is... some titles should be locked from happy "creative" modding :grin:

fugly that skin is... some titles should be locked from happy "creative" modding :grin:

As I said, the stock skin is worse :grin: The modded skin kept the stock canopy, for example.

One more reason The StrikeFighters is the only computer game I have, and want.

Viper::

DCS has some adequate opposition http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/122335/

An~2 .... hehe made my day. :good:

Did they ever make a flayable MiG-21? I've always thought Oleg made the same kind of mistake :: trying to fit the "popular" Microsoft 1944 CFS3 planeset into what should have been eastern front game development. For one thing, the FB was totally unsuited for high altitude western euro ops, and the game seemed to lose focus after that. Oleg poasted at ubi that he personally wanted to do Spanish Civil War. I wonder how the world would have changed if he went there, (then Mongolia) rather than 1944 west euro. The few biplanes over The FB were some of the most fun to play.

ohhhh I was hoping for the Modder Mustang not the plane :scratch: ..but nice