Sign in to follow this  

I don´t know if anyone saw that before, or if i´m the last to find out. Remember the ever useless "request help" command to Red Crown? Anytime you used it, there were no assets in your area nor anything. I just noticedthat it has been fixed in some way, when out of frustration, i just tried it again. An A-6 two plane flight into Iraq in the Yom Kippur campaign. Got jumped by MiG-21s in our way in, sent the request and "we are sending elp" or kind of. All of a sudden, 8 Shahaks spawned a few miles behind. Couldn´t save my wingman, but took out the MiGs. Again, i flew an Iron Hand single mission in Vietnam, had the same trouble, did the same, and WOSH! 8 NF-5As appeared (merged install).

Was it something out of a patch or anything? i never heard of it being fixed, if it was, i missed it, running on Nov 11 patch

Edited by macelena

Yes, it showed up in one of the recent patches.

If you're a user-made, single mission guy, there's also an "available/not available" flag you can set.

seems to primarily work if youre on a air to ground mission. still not much help in a2a missions, even if your getting your butt handed to you(like the 4 Floggers youre intercepting bring 12 Fishbeds to help!) at least in my experience, i'm only patched to sept 11

Got it listed as being implemented in July 2010

Hey MiGBuster, I think you meant to say June 2010 patch? I don't see any July 2010 patch for SF2 in Thirdwire's download site and I remember 1st reading the feature in TW's forum concerning the June 2010 patch (see GrimViper's comment: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7753&start=16). I also found it being implemented at that 2010 patch.

Personally I didn't like how that feature is being implemented. It feels like a cheat mode to me. Upon requesting help, within a minute additional allied fighters seem to pop out of nowhere. I did some experimenting and observing that happened through the Map view. It looks to me that the enemy AI can do the same thing too.

Edited by WLJet

Hey MiGBuster, I think you meant to say June 2010 patch? I don't see any July 2010 patch for SF2 in Thirdwire's download site and I remember 1st reading the feature in TW's forum concerning the June 2010 patch (see GrimViper's comment: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7753&start=16). I also found it being implemented at that 2010 patch.

Personally I didn't like how that feature is being implemented. It feels like a cheat mode to me. Upon requesting help, within a minute additional allied fighters seem to pop out of nowhere. I did some experimenting and observing that happened through the Map view. It looks to me that the enemy AI can do the same thing too.

Insta-Spawn AI, with a delay so they dont just pop up on your screen.