blackbaron427

Bristol M1c Monoplane

can anyone tell me, is their going to be a Bristol M1c Monoplane , in phase 4? if not can i request one or buy one from someone. they have been a fav, of mine for a long time. :heat:

Edited by blackbaron427

can anyone tell me, is their going to be a Bristol M1c Monoplane , in phase 4? if not can i request one or buy one from someone. they have been a fav, of mine for a long time.

In this matter, you know about as much as the rest of us. (except for the devs, and they're not talking) Request one? By all means. UK_Widowmaker's incessant pleading seems to have netted him a Sopwith Snipe, but, who knows? Maybe it was in the works from the git-go. If you go this route, remind them that I've got my heart set on a Hansa-Brandenburg W-19 and/or a W-29. Throw in a Rumpler Taube for good measure. Buying one? From who? I've not heard of any non-OFF planes that can be bought and imported into OFF.

can anyone tell me, is their going to be a Bristol M1c Monoplane , in phase 4? if not can i request one or buy one from someone. they have been a fav, of mine for a long time. :heat:

It certainly will not be with the release. We had it in Phase 1 & 2, but it needs a complete rebuild to bring it up to scratch. As there was only ever one example on the Western Front, and that only for a couple of weeks, we can't really justify spending time on it when there are so many other a/c we really need. That's not to say that it won't be available at some point, but certainly do not hold your breath - you will be very very blue.

Cheers,

shredward

"Nod" made one but it was not released and we had no way to fit it in at the time, as Shred says no one really flew it in anger during WW1. It's now dated and would need serious cockpit work etc. but it is a great craft.

As Shred says we have to do other more well known important craft first.

We did do the Snipe for UK_W as he had been very patient (3-4 years? of nagging ;) ). We can see later though would be nice ;)

We did do the Snipe for UK_W as he had been very patient (3-4 years? of nagging ;)

So there you have it. Patience and pleading will work, albeit slowly.

There were only some 33 of these planes in service in the middle east; and some were used in England

for training purposes and for the use of senior officers.

The only one in France could have been the craft flown once by Cecil Lewis, when he arrived at St.Omer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_M.1

That a/c was attached to 56 Sqn in early March '18.

Cheers,

Ted

Thank you, Shredward. Did it take part in any air combat, I wonder?

Not that I am aware of.

Cheers,

shredward

thanks fellows, but i don't want one in First Eagles, i want one in OFF. if it only fired one bullit, please put one in or allow people to buy one and put it in for themselves. :drinks:

thanks.

blackbaron, the building of such models (if they are as good as we have them) takes a long time

and a lot of energy, as I have read here many times. Many people offered to model planes, but

they all fell off after a while. The devs will not waste so much of their time for an aircraft, that did

not play even the smallest roll at the Western Front.

Your dream is understandable (I want to note here, that I still want a Roland D.VI fighter, devs!) -

but not likely to come true.

"So there you have it. Patience and pleading will work, albeit slowly"...............dang, I hope so....been married 25 years and you all know what's missing

As Shred says we have to do other more well known important craft first.

Such as everything French with more than 1 seat :grin:

Well, even the Roland D.VI will have to wait for more important planes, blackbaron.

The French haven't got any own 2seaters yet.

But the devs taught me one thing: you can surely trust them that they want to build

the complete Western Front with all the planes and squadrons and stuff.

When they start making the plane expansion pack for P4, I'm sure the Bristol will be included at some point. But let's face the historical facts - it was an extremely unimportant aircraft, and there are literally dozens of more important crates that should be in the sim before the Bristol.

Well, that's definitely more important than the Bristol. Nowhere near the top of list though, I'm afraid. :cool:

Yeah, I've really been thinking of trying to model it myself.

But I heard from so many, how hard and time-consuming that would get,

and I have too many other things to do, I'm afraid.

lets face facts, fellows, we all take what the modeling gods give us and they are truely deserving of that title. but it is still good to post some hops and dreams every once in a while. :drinks:

Like the Roland D.VI ? :clapping:

Unfortunately less important than about a dozen French and English aircraft not represented in OFF.