MigBuster

War Horse

Steven Speilberg + John WIlliams = GF in tears

Very good film and didn't need to resort to gore to get though the horrors of war!:

hmm... ok will rent it on DVD, but to go to cinema? Not really

Over here they are doing an unlimited card that we have - £14:99 per month - but you can see any film any time and as many as you like. Sometimes we spent over £20 just seeing 1 3D film so its pretty good value if you go twice a month....the only problem you get is finding something worth watching!

- but yeah not sure I would have bothered with this otherwise - cinema is way too expensive IMO

it's not a bout the pricing, I used to go once a week years back in early tweenties, right now time is an issue mostly, also a lot of simply craptastic movies around, not worth watching IMO

Also I think Spielberg did one great underrated movie about war and can't outdo himself, and I don't mean here "SPR" but "Empire of the Sun". My opinion of course.

it's not a bout the pricing, I used to go once a week years back in early tweenties, right now time is an issue mostly, also a lot of simply craptastic movies around, not worth watching IMO

Also I think Spielberg did one great underrated movie about war and can't outdo himself, and I don't mean here "SPR" but "Empire of the Sun". My opinion of course.

EOTS is a fantastic film either way - didn't realise that Christian Bale played the young Boy in it!

yes and I was suprised big time when many years later I saw him playing again in "American Psycho" or one other of his early "adult" career films (before all the Batman craziness and all)

not that he wasn't playing like an adult in EOTS though :good:

It's always weird when you recognize a child/young actor in an old film that's now anactor as an adult.

Billy Zane in Back to the Future, Elijah Wood in Back to the Future 2, Camilla Belle in Lost World...

Eliza Dushku in Wrong Turn, Dakota Fanning... eh wait she's still a kid.

yup..looking forward to seeing this film..enjoyed the book