I am beginning work on a campaign for Baltika's North Cape terrain.

It will be set in 1976, Sweden and Finland against the Soviet Union. Moscow has decided to begin an aggressive annexation of Finland. Sweden reacts by sending Saab 35s to Finland and begins the defense of Finland.

I have found some information on Swedish units and airbases, but not a whole lot. If anyone would like to help me find this information, and information on Soviet units there, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by F117NightHawk

TSF is for SF2. This seems to be for SF1.

I have found some information on Swedish units and airbases, but not a whole lot. If anyone would like to help me find this information, and information on Soviet units there, it would be much appreciated.

I got all the information you could possibly need about the Swedish Units. The Soviet ones are a lost cause. We already done all that research :D

Edited by JonathanRL

Yes, this would be for SF1. Any information on Swedish units in 1976 would be helpful.

I have SF2, but I don't play it because I'm used to 60 fps in SF1, which I don't get in SF2

Edited by F117NightHawk

Here is some out of my notes:

F 1 Hässlö: J 35F Draken

F 4 Frösön: J 35F Draken

F 6 Karlsborg: A 32 Lansen

F 7 Såtenäs: AJ 37 Viggen

F 10 Hässleholm: AJ 37 Viggen

F 11 Nyköping: S 35E Draken

F 12 Kalmar: J 35F Draken

F 13 Bråvalla: J 35F Draken / SF-37 Viggen

F 16 Uppsala: J 35F Draken

F 17 Kallinge: J 35 F Draken

F 21 Luleå: J 35D Draken

Your main issue will be the Viggens and maybe the SK 60 out of F 5 Ljungbyhed. TSF is working on both but they will be SF2 only. There is a Viggen, but A Team has it under close lockdown and refuse to release it for public use.

As for the Drakens, the J and D versions are avalible in the Draken Superpackage, but they are not as good as they could have been.

Edited by JonathanRL

Thanks for the information. I have an A-Team account, so I can get it for my personal use, but I won't release it. When I release, I will just put a disclaimer saying that you will have to get it on your own, and I will put a substitute aircraft in its place.

Do you have a map of the bases?

Edited by F117NightHawk

Sorry, can´t seem to find a map of them anywhere. Several of the squadrons home bases is not present on the NorthCape terrain so you will have to re-base them anyhow.

Will the Viggens and SK 60 made by TSF be able to be downgraded to SF1?

I honestly dont know. Its not me working on them.

viggen and SK60 that for SF1 it no problem it just a matter of using the old exporter to make gen 1 lods

That is the one bummer about the North Cape terrain. It ends just about 100 miles too far north!

Thanks for the information. I'm going to start on my final plan for the campaign in the next couple of days or so.

Hi NightHawk,

Good luck on building a campaign for North Cape terrain, it sounds interesting.

Sorry about the map limitation, but as the name implies my focus in building the terrain was Northern Norway and the Kola peninsula - I had got Jane's F/A-18 up and running again after a long while, and was enjoying the North Cape campaign in it and fancied updating it for WoX.

Also, bear in mind that the North Cape terrain was released as a sort of preview to this grand-scale Northern Europe terrain wip, which may yet see the light of day someday if I can find the time to finish it:-

http://combatace.com/topic/31450-modern-uk-terrain/page__st__80

Post #93 has a screenshot of the latest map build, although I confess I haven't done much with this in a while.

Like I said, good luck with the campaign building, I'll be looking out for release.

Slainthe!

Baltika