Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Red Tails

Saw "Red Tails" this weekend and loved every minute of it. CGI was fantastic, acting excellent and story too long untold. Only thing that was a bit hokey was the chatter between the pilots was a little over the top. The history of the flying outfit was all about discipline and the lack of communication discipline in the movie was problably not a reflection of the real action. I am sure the chatter was inserted to move the story along. Highly recommend to all who love aviation flicks.

One film I actually want to see! - no UK release date I can find yet

Strangely Cubba Codding being in both. And really making no comment on the first.

Took awhile to get used to Pearl Harbor's smoke, mirrors, and magic.

Just glad something is being made.

I saw the film this past weekend. I highly recommend seeing it if you get an opportunity. I loved every minute of it as well.

Yough Jug, same with Memphis Belle movie? They had the crew...50 missions old...seemingly totally panicking if I recall.

I read Hollywood wanted to add an alchohol or some similar character problem to Apollo~13, but Tom Hanks shot that down. If true, I don't think Ron Howard would have gone for that either.

Just saw it in the theatre this Saturday. Was very good if you put your rivet counting aircraft side of the brain to sleep. :drinks::grin:

I saw it and I thought it was ok. Only real gripe about the realism *for me* was the Survivability of a P-51 during the 262 scene. The rest I overlooked. Although the beginning was cool, seeing pilot's POV in a 109.

Falcon

I took my Dad and Nephew to see it last week. I didn't go in with any expectations so I enjoyed it. My Nephew loved it. I made him read a more historically correct account before we went to see it and also gave him the episode from DOGFIGHTS as I wanted him to appreciate it.

I found it enjoyable. Never saw the HBO version.

If you have the opportunity I highly recommend the HBO movie The Tuskegee Airmen. If you want Historical Accuracy then look somewhere else because Red Tails is not it. My only major gripe with the movie, the constant cutting of scenes. Holy crap, I think it changed scene's every 30 seconds. There wasn't one person that stood out because they had such little screen time.

I saw it... and fully expected it to suuuuuuuuck... but here is my review:

http://geekfurious.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-red-tails.html

You nailed the review, geekfurious. Don't know about you, but I got out of the movie and rev'd up my SF2 Battle of Britain for a couple of hours of good sim combat. I go to movies to get just what I got from the movie, lots of eye-candy, a very worth-while subject, and a feel-good finish. No one can know what it was to be a black man in America during those times, including our current African-American crop. For some, talking the talk still doesn't match walking the walk.

I still insist that this country brings out the best in men and women regardless of their circumstance. These young men proved during their time that even racial barriers cannot deter men of stout heart from noble deeds.

Sorry, waxing a wee bit too eloquent here........................

Edited by Jug