Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Getting in touch with Flaming Cliff designers

I just downloaded and installed Flaming Cliffs 2.0 to my LOMAC install and noticed that one of my photographs was used in the mission page. The F-15C Aggressor photograph behind the pilot is mine. I took it in 2006 at Peterson AFB, Co. They modified it slightly by flipping it the opposite way and placed it over their background.

I want to inform them of their copyright violation and seek compensation.

Thanks!

Jeff

Edited by ST0RM

Expect a PM from a buddy with Matt Wagner's phone number (he's the producer of Flaming Cliffs 2). Can you post a shot of the picture?

Edited by Ruggbutt

Let us know how you go with this Storm. I'm interested to see how it pans out.

ED announced if you used their SDK to create anything for the DCS world that they are allowed to use it royalty free in future releases. I suppose they figure cuz they want to use a certain photograph that they're entitled to use it w/out permission. I've found that ED's "people" are hypocritical in many aspects so them using Storm's pic w/out permission doesn't surprise me in the least.

Storm, hang tough and make them give more than what you stated in this thread. One copy of every future release, credit for the pic and some cash as well. Make sure you tell Matt Wagner the preceding stuff was my idea. :grin:

Thank you all for the support and assistance. I've contacted Matt and will await a reply.

Yes, with all the hardache over piracy, you would think ED would have done their research a bit better.

I'll hopefully post a positive solution to this as I get it.

Thanks!

Jeff

Don't be too easy on them, get what you feel you deserve and then some. Had you been the one using their copyrighted material you'd have been raked over the coals.

After some back and forth PMs with Matt, we've come to a solution on this.

Thanks for the support.

Jeff

Here we are nearly a month after Matt/ED and I came to an agreement and I've received nothing from them. After a quick note inquiring as to the status, I've received no reply from their UK office who was supposed to be handling it.

If the 26th comes and goes, I will then move to plan B and it won't be as nice.

Welcome to the world of dealing with Eagle Dynamics. I had a hell of a time getting my money back for DCS: A-10C beta. I was supposed to have been given access to the beta tester forums, that was part of what we were paying for. Matt Wagner doesn't like me so he blocked my access. So I got my money back.

You know, if I was stealing from them, I'd be strung up and sued. These guys basically steal from me and drag their feet.

Tick, tock... my patience is running out

You know, if I was stealing from them, I'd be strung up and sued. These guys basically steal from me and drag their feet.

Unfortunately that's how 1) the russians do business 2) Matt Wagner does business. He will lie to your face and say everything is good then turn around and stick the knife in your back. I wish you luck. Remember something though, since you've decided to rightfully be compensated for your copyright(s), you'll be on Matt Wagner's enemies list. He's cost me financially as well as tried to ruin my reputation after I had the "nerve" to speak the truth about him publicly.

Enemy list? They stole from me. Well, I sent off another email to several people within ED. If I don't hear back, I'm going public on every forum board I know of and will spread the word. In today's anti-piracy world, I hope I'll get the backing from the masses.

Whats sucks is that I was going to buy the DCS:A-10 sim.

Enemy list? They stole from me.

Yep. Matt tried to get me booted being a moderator here. This site isn't "officially" recognized by ED because I'm still here..................

Whats sucks is that I was going to buy the DCS:A-10 sim.

It's a damn good sim too. IMHO don't spite yourself, if you want it you should buy it. Because the difference is that you'll be paying for the sim and ED stole from you. That leaves you righteous with clean hands.

Ok, finally this matter is closed!

Thanks again for all the support.

-Jeff