Hi Guys,

Just wondered if OFF P4 will in any way be able to utilise DX10?

The reason I ask, is I purchased FE and FE2 (which uses DX10)..and the difference is marked.

Does OFF's engine make any use of DX10?

thanks

Good question but I expect it is the underlying CFS3 code that is the issue.......

Unless they could find a way to change the CFS3 calls we are probably stuck with something less than DX10.

no would be the answer I'm afraid, as Doctor said, would require re-writing the engine calls to support/introduce Dx10 ones :sad:

mmm... someone said Phase 4? Would have use of some new screens or movie, you hear me Pol? :wink:

The difference is marked? OFF scenery without DX10 is still better than most sims out there for example but yes there are things we would like to implement in future, but as always it's dependent on the support we get.

Maybe something we can do in the future we shall see.

Sorry Mark, I think you may have misunderstood me a bit.

I meant that the difference between First Eagles 1 and 2 is marked...not OFF :good:

OFF scenery without DX10 is still better than most sims out there for example

True Pol, actually I'm quite amazed what has been achieved by your team from good old engine :good: and that seen only on development screens and one tasty WIP movie

Ah Ok UK_W I misunderstood - makes sense now ;)

Thanks Stary