Sign in to follow this  

Question - I have downloaded the A-6 (Flight of the Intruder) Aircraft \Object Mod. I installed it in Aircrafts for Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam. It works well. I would like to setup a First Mission, where I could have an A-6 launch from a Carrier, and do a bomb mission with heavy ground defense and a normal air defense.

I have never created a mission before, and I would like to create one mission first. What is it I am going to need and is there a template and tutorial I can use on how to add the objects?

I believe what I will need is Terrain, Buildings, Time, Weather, Carrier, Water: Then Ground Defenses and Enemy Aircraft...

I can create it for you. You would simply need your install to be patched up to date.

Request Mission (Hanoi Down Town Strike)

Could you create a mission, in which I fly in SF2 Vietnam, that I fly a A-6 off an Aircraft Carrier, and then go on a bombing run (Strike) on (Primary)Buildings-Named "NVA Prison", Runways, Convoys AA ECT...I would like to encounter (Normal) ground defense and (Low) air defense. Prefer Enemy Aircraft to be (1) Mig-21 and (2) Mig-15, I would like to be accompanied by (2) A-6 Friendly. Would there be a chance to (Time In) the MIGS at the end of the mission when I fly back from the bombing run to my Carrier. My request for load out is (2) Side-Winder, Gun Pod, (2) MK series, (1) Cluster.

Thank you for your help Sir, is there anything I can do for you...

I can create it for you. You would simply need your install to be patched up to date.

...My request for load out is (2) Side-Winder, Gun Pod, (2) MK series, (1) Cluster.

????:blink:

a bit wrong on those loadouts -- wired for them, but never carried

Ah, sorry, loadouts would be limited to whatever the stock aircraft carries (no sidewinders or gunpods). Enemy air units could be timed to intercept you at sett points, but any deviation in timing could result in them not being there when you arrive.

Okay to Me Fubar, Any chance when you work on the mission I can assist? Do you do remote desktop?

Ah, sorry, loadouts would be limited to whatever the stock aircraft carries (no sidewinders or gunpods). Enemy air units could be timed to intercept you at sett points, but any deviation in timing could result in them not being there when you arrive.

Here's a mission for you. It involves bombing the power plant at Uong Bi. You'll have three waves of SAM and flak suppressors, spaced 3 minutes apart, the last egressing just as you should be catching sight of the plant. There are 8 bogeys aloft (4 x MiG-17F and 4 X MiG-21MF) , but you'll have lots of fighter cover. I may have even gone overboard in that respect :good:

You'll launch at 17:00, which is not realistic, but it makes it easier for you to ID the power plant.

Out Go The Lights.zip

img00298.JPG

Thank you Sir for the mission, but I have run into head space and timing. Mostly “my head and coordination with my hands on the keyboard” LOL!. The mission that I downloaded from you

is not showing up in SF2 Vietnam Menu Single Mission- Mission File Name Drop Down, no "Lights Out". I do have Windows XP, and I am running SF2 Vietnam. Where do I insert the Mission *.* MSN File?

I tried Desktop-Users-Thirdwire-SF2 Vietnam- added to Missions Folder...It did not work, then I just placed the file in the SF2 Vietnam directory no work either.

I had to build my director earlier it is Thirdwire-SF2 Vietnam- Then Inside it is...<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

\Screenshots

\Controls

\Effects

\Flight

\Missions

\Objects

\Pilot Data

\Sounds

\Terrains

-Options Config File

-Version Config

\Menu

2nd question is, I have the " Mission - Campaign Editor by TK, I have made some missions, but those missions " Show Up in the the Drop down in Mission File name-Load Missions page, and they work.

But where do they reside in the directory of the program itself?

Help ….Whats my next Vector Papa Smurf?:dntknw:

Here's a mission for you. It involves bombing the power plant at Uong Bi. You'll have three waves of SAM and flak suppressors, spaced 3 minutes apart, the last egressing just as you should be catching sight of the plant. There are 8 bogeys aloft (4 x MiG-17F and 4 X MiG-21MF) , but you'll have lots of fighter cover. I may have even gone overboard in that respect :good:

You'll launch at 17:00, which is not realistic, but it makes it easier for you to ID the power plant.

Out Go The Lights.zip

post-279-0-06708900-1327768022.jpg

Make sure that you're placing it in the missions folder of the same title in which you've made the A-6A flyable. And remove the back-slashes from in front of the folder names, as that guarantees that the sim will ignore any folders so-marked.

Since you're using XP, make sure that you've placed the mod folders inside of My Documents/Thirdwire/SF2 (or SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, etc).

It's sll spelled out in the SF2 knowledge base: http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks for the reply: I am still having trouble. I have a missions folder, the MSN file in there but when I run game it will not pick it up. But, I am making progress, and here is what I found out, by the way thanks for sharing the link on the Mod discussion. So, I went to the CombatAce Downloads and downloaded an another mission " Kfir C2 Strike 1 (Mig's Taking Off) ". When I placed it in my Strike Fighters 2 "Missions" Folder. The mission was found in the Drop Down. So the only thing I can think that could be the problem is my A-6 Flyable Aircraft. It is a mod that I downloaded called Flight of the Intruder. Which A-6 Do I need to download from Combat Ace? I am thinking if you do not have the right aircraft the mission will not load.

Make sure that you're placing it in the missions folder of the same title in which you've made the A-6A flyable. And remove the back-slashes from in front of the folder names, as that guarantees that the sim will ignore any folders so-marked.

Since you're using XP, make sure that you've placed the mod folders inside of My Documents/Thirdwire/SF2 (or SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, etc).

It's sll spelled out in the SF2 knowledge base: http://combatace.com...the-mod-folder/

Edited by knoby1973

Which A-6 Do I need to download from Combat Ace?

It needs to be an A-6A.

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

Papa Smurf, thanks for the Video. But I still cannot ge the Mission to load. But I tried another mission from the Downloads at Combat Ace, I downloaded it and put in the missions folder, it worked ! The only thing I can tell is I may not have the right A-6A, do you know where I can download the A-6A at? Or- Do you think it something else?

-KNOBY :salute:

the A-6A is a stock aircraft in both WoV and SF2:V. However, the SF2V versions ain't got no cockpit being AI-Only, so you'll have to find one. Either in the D/L section or extracted/copied-pasted from WoV

Edited by Wrench