I've seen some screenshots of this game, and had a couple questions if ya'll don't mind.

Is Pacific Fighters a stand alone game, or do I need IL2 and Forgotten battles also. Actually I think what I'd like to know is, is the game better with IL2 and FB, or does it stand on its own ok.

Is Pacific Fighters a true sim with fairly acurate flight dynamics, or more of a arcade type game.

I'm trying to decide about picking up this game, but I really want something as close to the real thing as possible.

I've got a Saitek X45, and was wondering if rudder peddals would make my simming experience that much better.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on BiohazCentrals Pacific Fighters Review and will have it posted (hopefully) this upcoming weekend, but I'll throw in my two cents here. :grin:

I've seen some screenshots of this game, and had a couple questions if ya'll don't mind.

Is Pacific Fighters a stand alone game, or do I need IL2 and Forgotten battles also. Actually I think what I'd like to know is, is the game better with IL2 and FB, or does it stand on its own ok.

PF can be standalone or installed with IL2/FB. When flying online you can only fly with other like installs, i.e. standalone with standalone. If you install with FB you have the capability to fly with all the planes from both packages.

Is Pacific Fighters a true sim with fairly acurate flight dynamics, or more of a arcade type game.

I'm trying to decide about picking up this game, but I really want something as close to the real thing as possible.

This will cause a lot of arguments im sure, but I think the FM's are a little tweaky. Some of the planes you can fly full-throttle and never stall, others are so twitchy that I can't imagine the real-life planes was ever that touchy. Just an IMHO... :tomato:

I've got a Saitek X45, and was wondering if rudder peddals would make my simming experience that much better.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

Rudder pedals are a must for WWII-era and Helo sims IMHO. You fly with the rudder a lot more than you do with a modern jet sim like LOMAC.

Thanks for the info, and I look forward to your review. I may need to get some pedals if it reads good.

This will cause a lot of arguments im sure, but I think the FM's are a little tweaky. Some of the planes you can fly full-throttle and never stall, others are so twitchy that I can't imagine the real-life planes was ever that touchy. Just an IMHO...  :tomato:

MJ, have you tried with the 3.01 patch? They did a lot of tweaking with flight models, especially the corsair. I REALLY like how the corsair handles now. Before, it wouldnt' stall at all, now, you can still turn really tight, but you have to really watch how much you pull and input, it can stall on you quit fast. Also, if you don't recover from that stall in like 2 seconds, you're in a flat spin. I really like it.