Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

I will say it again: "God, I Love This Sim!"

I sat down this early AM after another week on the road and spent the last few hours not only catching up around here, but also flying in my trusty Camel, (as Lt. Robert Morris of 43 Squadron at Avesnes le Comte in May of 1918). The mission I just completed was a scramble that involved our flight of five Sopwiths pitted against six DR1s and five Pfalz. I've never had so much white knuckle flying in a single sortie in all my natural born days. I swear every one of those Hun flyers was an ace the way they were tossing their kites around in the sky. But despite our being jumped with no more altitude than the tops of the trees my flight and I won the day. I checked the clock after it was all over and it was nearly 20 minutes of pure adrenaline rush! And, once I had gotten safely back down on our own field and put in my claims, which I figured at three of each, I was shocked again when all six went through for approval. I have never put in for six in a single mission before...ever. Is this the best WWI combat flight sim or what? :yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Is this the best WWI combat flight sim or what?

OFF course it is!

Every now and then, you have that very special day and situation - a very special encounter and fighting.

And I guess you are like me there - it is real as can be in such moments.

I do still remember fights I had more than a year ago - like when my 6 S.E.5a got jumped by 3 Albatros

from Jasta 6 and at least 4 Pfalz D.III from Jasta 10. I lost 2 men in the first 10 seconds, got split from

the others, and had to return alone after destroying one Albatros and one Pfalz.

But boy, did they show me how to perform vertical tactics!

I can still clearly see that opening in the huge surrounding clouds - like a giant kettle - into which I

followed the Pfalz in a hairraising spiral dive...

Yes, Lou - I know what you mean!

• Like 1

"OFF course it is!"

hee, hee ... you are a hoot, mein Freund. :biggrin:

Lou, it is for the flyers like you, that I never feel lonely, when I'm flying OFF - even though I'm not flying MP.

My Special day was today. I flew 3 different pilots in 3 different Sqns in 3 different Aircraft. I was shot down in all 3 rolls on the first flight !. What a Sim ya just never know?

.....Is this the best WWI combat flight sim or what?

Don't hold back, RAF_Lou, just tell us you really feel!

You are correct Lou - this really is a great sim.

Not to give the power-that-be any bad ideas...hehe... but I would pay a lot more for the time and pleasure that OFF has given me.

Cheapest time/money/enjoyment investment I have ever made.

Just wish I had more time to fly.

Boy! I cannot wait to retire!

Im afraid p3 has had its run. But Looming on the horizon i see it being over taken by a much better sim....why P4 ofcourse!

Olham wrote: "Lou, it is for the flyers like you, that I never feel lonely, when I'm flying OFF - even though I'm not flying MP."

Right back at you Sir.

Carrick wrote: "My Special day was today. I flew 3 different pilots in 3 different Sqns in 3 different Aircraft. I was shot down in all 3 rolls on the first flight !. What a Sim ya just never know?"

Yes Sir, some days it goes that way too. Truth be told, that's the way it goes most days. It's the 'Air Ace' days that are the exception.

Hauksbee wrote: "Don't hold back, RAF_Lou, just tell us you really feel!"

Well, OK.

"Oh, what a grand and glorious sim is 'Over Flanders Fields'! Tis sheer joy and bliss, excitement and pain. The eternal highs and lows and ebbs and flows of life itself are played out in stark relief against it's virtual skies. To soar to the heights of Heaven, or plummet to the depths of Hell, each outcome waits patiently as we, mere mortals, throw ourselves at the unyielding will of Fate. Aaaaah, but to try and ..."

... sorry ... waxing a bit too poetic. I'll stop now.

Carrick wrote: "Yes Lou, Let it all hang out."

Believe me Carrick, you do NOT want that.

Duke wrote: "Boy! I cannot wait to retire!"

True Dat, Sir! It's the big #1 on my 'To Do' list.

Macklroy wrote: "Im afraid P3 has had its run. But Looming on the horizon i see it being over taken by a much better sim....why P4 ofcourse!"

I don't quite agree Sir. I am still finding new things in P3. Hell, I have yet to fly a serious career in the N28, or the Tripe, or either SPAD, or the DR1, or the Pfalz, or the DVII, or the EV, or the Harry Tate, or the DFW CV! :blink:

"Oh, what a grand and glorious sim is 'Over Flanders Fields'! Tis sheer joy and bliss, excitement and pain. The eternal highs and lows and ebbs and flows of life itself are played out in stark relief against it's virtual skies. To soar to the heights of Heaven, or plummet to the depths of Hell, each outcome waits patiently as we, mere mortals, throw ourselves at the unyielding will of Fate. Aaaaah, but to try and ..."

There y' go! THAT'S the OFF we know and love so well.

had mine in a tripe,shot down five alb. d v in15 min.was crazy,i had to fly back with no amo.what a sim!!cant wait for phase 4....sportsterjim