Dale57

FS-WW1 ----Where Can You Buy It?

This Sim Fighter Squadron--WW1 Is New To Me.Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy It?.Is It Hard On A System Like ROF?My PC Would Run Everything Smoothly Except It Has PCI Only.[Geforce 8400]:dunno:

This Sim Fighter Squadron--WW1 Is New To Me.Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy It?.Is It Hard On A System Like ROF?My PC Would Run Everything Smoothly Except It Has PCI Only.[Geforce 8400]:dunno:

Dale57,

I cannot offer any help with FSWW1, but if you are looking for a good WW1 flight sim and either have CFS3 or don't mind buying a copy of CFS3 I can strongly recommend Over Flander Fields (OFF). It is a complelte mod for CFS3 and covers the whole war. Below is a link to the website for the sim listing the system requirements.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/sysreq.htm

The Combat Ace forum for Over Flanders Fields is a friendly one and people are always willing to help newcovmers and anyone who is having problems with either their sim or computer.

FS-WW1 is free (should find it here in the downloads section). It is based on the old (over 10 years old game) Screaming Eagles Over Europe. The FS-WW1 is set up where you do not even need to buy the old SEOE any more. As you can tell a old game like SEOE will not be very rresource intensive on your PC, the biggest problem may be just getting to it run depending on your Operating System.

I Think I Tried That One A Long Time Ago.Either I Didn't Like It Or It Didn't Run Well.CFS3 Was Always Sluggish By It's Self.

The trick to CFS3 is like IL2, it's the setting behind the scene for older PC's that make it playable. Newer PC's just use "brute force" to overcome the graphic or CUP bottlenecks.

If you want a truely "immersive" WW1 flight game that is Campaign oriented, you will not beat CFS3/Over Flanders Fields game.

I Found The Site Where FS-WW1 Is,But There Are So Many Files,Which Is The Basic Game To Start With?:dntknw:

I Found The Site Where FS-WW1 Is,But There Are So Many Files,Which Is The Basic Game To Start With?:dntknw:

I would suggest you go with 'Install Option Three' - worked for me, with Windows Vista - as listed here: http://www.fsww1.com/

Another option not mentioned so far and very well worth considering is First Eagles Gold or First Eagles 2: http://www.thirdwire...project_fe2.htm

Edited by 33LIMA

Thanks 33 Lima.I'll Try That Way. I Have FE2 With 7/2010 Patch. I Like It Alot.

I Think I Tried That One A Long Time Ago.Either I Didn't Like It Or It Didn't Run Well.CFS3 Was Always Sluggish By It's Self.

Dale57,

I know what you mean, I bought CFS3 in 2001, played it once, didn't like it and it sat on the shelf gathering dust until I stumbled across OFF while doing a google search for WW1 flight sims in 2008. I requested a copy of phase 2 and enjoyed it so much that when phase 3 (the current one) came out I bought it. OFF only uses a few files from CFS3 as a base and the rest is a large (15gb) sim that includes various squadrons and enables the pllayer rto have a career lasting from the early days of 1915 right up until the armstice (if he can survive that long).

Also OFF is available for $20+shipping, and has an excellent expansion (Hat in the Ring) for $10 available as a download.

33 Lima,I Got FS-WW1 ver.1.06 Up And Running.It Runs Well.But I'm Having Trouble Tracking The Enemy Planes.[i'm Used To The Targeting Option Like In FE2]Also On My Saitek X52 flight Control The Throttle Does Not Function.I Have To Use The Slider In Front.Funny,I Have The Same Problem With Pacific Fighters And Il-2.Both Ubisoft Sims :blink: Never Did Figure It Out.

Hello Dale57!

Sorry I did not see this sooner. It has been a busy weekend for me.

It sounds like you got FS-WWI up and running fairly well. Keep in mind it is a very old mod, based on an older game engine from 1999. You can press T to track an enemy aircraft, then F1 to be in the tracking view. You can then press F1 again to take you back to the normal cockpit view. Also, the [ and ] keys can zoom you in and out while in either view.

For the throttle, I would suggest you take a look at the "Getting the Best" document here: http://www.fsww1.com/documentation/Tweaks.html

It has general tweaks for the game, as well as Throttle help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! I've been working on and playing with FS-WWI since the very early days. :)

Edited by ArgonV

Thanks Jason.Great Job.:clapping: Any Plans On Adding a Patch With Campaigns?Game Could Use One.

Thanks!

There are some single player "campaigns" that are under the Missions menu. They are not dynamic however, as that's a game engine limitation from the original Fighter Squadron game. :(

ArgonV, Are There Anymore Patches That I Should Consider?. [For FS-WW1] My Version Is 1.6.0.6 :grin:

There is a 1.6.0.7 Beta Patch that adds 32bit rendering for newer graphics cards.

Also, there are two aircraft and a Pioneers of Flight pack. They are under Other Downloads at www.fsww1.com