I'm just wondering if some one knows an easy step by step way to get the SF2: Israel F-16 to be used in the SF2: Europe campaign? I'm guessing some files or folders could be moved to make this happen? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this so don't be afraid to spell it out for me!

Are you talking about JUST getting the plane flyable or getting it flyable AND into the campaign?

I would start by poking around the knowledge base. There are articles about making planes flyable. Not so sure about campaign info.....

First question would be: Are you running a merged install of SF2I and SF2E?

The Thirdwire Campaign Custumizer DLC sounds like the best answer. 6 Dollars off http://www.thirdwire.com

Otherwise, the NATO Fighters 4+ Mod pack contains a F-16 amongst other things...

Edited by JonathanRL

Hello Dr, thanks for the reply!

I have a full merged install of SF2, SF2:E, SF2:V, SF2:I and Expansions 1 and 2. I'd like to get the plane flyable, and having it in the campaign would be awesome. I was poking around the knowledge base a bit but didn't see anything. I'll try digging a bit deeper, but my modding / tweaking knowledge is limited. I thought maybe someone knew how to just drag and drop a few files or folders, or change a few lines in a .ini somewhere.

The Campaign Custumizer eliminates all that. All you need to do is choose the aircraft, choose the campaign and your side (F-16 for Soviets? No problem...) and you are good to go.

Thanks as well J! I think the campaign customize application came with one of the expansion packs? If so I you're saying I can just run it to add the plane to whichever campaign? That would be nice and simple! :)

The campaign costumizer is a DLC you have to buy and download from TK, it actually runs in the game interface, in the campaing start screen.

If you have a full merged install you'll already have the F-16 flyable in Europe, just not in the campaign.

Very nice, going to grab the DLC now. Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

drinks.gif

Ixsapper is right and I didn't think this through. You should be able to FLY the F-16A Netz from anywhere with a merged install. You will only have Israeli markings (I think) so you may need to download some skins for the bird.

The campaign is another issue and the CE is probably your best bet as mentioned already.

Ixsapper is right and I didn't think this through. You should be able to FLY the F-16A Netz from anywhere with a merged install. You will only have Israeli markings (I think) so you may need to download some skins for the bird.

That's weird... did I do something wrong with the merged install then? I installed everything in order, but I can only fly the F-16A Netz in the Israel campaign. I can run Israeli campaign from any .exe though, is that what you're referring to as "from anywhere with a merged install"?

Also, thanks for the skins download links MigBuster! I guess there aren't any Canadian skins for the F-16? I'm guessing in a fictional conflict, the US might let us Canadians paint a leaf or two on an F-16? grin.gif

did you create a USAF/NATO F-16???

you have to build the airplane first, before it'll appear anywhere. The Netz is 'single user only' aircraft. Hence the need for any other F-16As to have a proper userlist ini (covered in the Knowledge Base), and the base user -the the data ini, as USAF

Edited by Wrench

No, I haven't created anything. I've just installed all the SF2 titles in order, with both expansions. I then ran each of the .exe's to have the program create the folders they will need.

So I have to create an F-16? I was looking at the skins that I downloaded, and it seems that I can just drop the folders where specified in the readme to get the different skins to work. If I have to create anything like an F-16 it's probably way beyond my ability.

No, I haven't created anything. I've just installed all the SF2 titles in order, with both expansions. I then ran each of the .exe's to have the program create the folders they will need.

So I have to create an F-16? I was looking at the skins that I downloaded, and it seems that I can just drop the folders where specified in the readme to get the different skins to work. If I have to create anything like an F-16 it's probably way beyond my ability.

No need to build an F-16A. There's one in the downloads section that converts the SF2I Netz into a plain old F-16A for use in Europe. Give me a few minutes to find it...

edit - here: http://combatace.com/files/file/11764-f-16a-block-10-usaf-nato/

Edited by malibu43

No need to build an F-16A. There's one in the downloads section that converts the SF2I Netz into a plain old F-16A for use in Europe. Give me a few minutes to find it...

edit - here: http://combatace.com...k-10-usaf-nato/

Okay, I'm a little confused...

Do I just need to run the campaign editor to allow me to fly the F-16 in any campaign? If so, I need to install the skins I downloaded so that the F-16 I fly in Europe will be any of the countries other than the stock Israeli? And, if I want to use the skins I've downloaded, I have to download the file that has the plain old F-16A for use in Europe?

Sorry, just getting a lot of suggestions (which is good) and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do in order here...

Right if you have a merged install the F-16A Netz will already be in all of the games.

to test this - if you open up SF2E and do a single mission you should be able to select it from the Aircraft list and play a mission - can you do that?

If you can then it shows everything is ok.

Although flyable in a single mission - by default the F-16 will not be in any campaigns - therefore you need to add it to a campaign manually - or using the campaign customiser.

You will of course always have the default camo skin only - so you can drop in the add on skins from the link above.

You can also create a separate F-16 if you like - fairly easy to do manually - or you could try the link from Malibu for this also - but the ini files in that mod are already out of date.........anyway

Right if you have a merged install the F-16A Netz will already be in all of the games.

to test this - if you open up SF2E and do a single mission you should be able to select it from the Aircraft list and play a mission - can you do that?

If you can then it shows everything is ok.

Although flyable in a single mission - by default the F-16 will not be in any campaigns - therefore you need to add it to a campaign manually - or using the campaign customiser.

You will of course always have the default camo skin only - so you can drop in the add on skins from the link above.

You can also create a separate F-16 if you like - fairly easy to do manually - or you could try the link from Malibu for this also - but the ini files in that mod are already out of date.........anyway

The link I posted isn't just skins (unless I pasted the wrong link); it creates a separate USAF/NATO F-16A aircraft for SF2 that uses the model and cockpit from the Netz.

End1e551 - All you should have to do is download and install the F-16A that I linked. Then download and install the campaign editor. Run the editor (by clicking on the pencil button at the campaign select screen). You will be able to select the 1979 "Red Lightning" campaign and select the F-16A as your aircraft.

and updating the inis is a simple matter of extracting those from the lates patch level (data and loadout inis), making the necessary changes in the TOP section (aka the "MissionData" section), adjusting any weapons Nations callouts further down on the hardpoint callouts, adjusting the loadout ini, and off you go.

Literally, about 10 minutes of work.

There actually is a tutorial in the 1stGen Knowledge Base on the creation of a 'nation specific' aircraft.

http://combatace.com/topic/19469-how-to-create-a-country-specific-aircraft/

Mind you, this IS for 1stGen, before the invention of that fabulous little trick called the Userlist.ini. You'll need to build one, or expand on the one -if it comes with it- from the mod linked above (it WILL need expanding, as there's no NATO users listed)

How do you think I build the 'What If..." Iranian Falcon???

The link I posted isn't just skins (unless I pasted the wrong link); it creates a separate USAF/NATO F-16A aircraft for SF2 that uses the model and cockpit from the Netz.

End1e551 - All you should have to do is download and install the F-16A that I linked. Then download and install the campaign editor. Run the editor (by clicking on the pencil button at the campaign select screen). You will be able to select the 1979 "Red Lightning" campaign and select the F-16A as your aircraft.

The ones I posted above are just skins though.

I was just making you aware that that mod in your link has old ini files in it like the F-16_Data.ini etc that might have been changed over the past year by later patches.

- or you could try the link from Malibu for this also - but the ini files in that mod are already out of date.........anyway

Sorry MigBuster! I totally missed this part of your post! :drinks:

I have that F-16 installed and didn't see any issues with it as of the August/September patches. Don't know if November may have changed something else, though.

Yep, no problems! So I'll just add the skins to their respective folders and get going with the campaign editor!

pilotfly.gif