Sign in to follow this  
Zinc

Urgent Help please (Asked by a computer noob :D )

Hello everyone !!

well to start with my problem, then here it is, i just bought a new computer with a Windows 7 64 bits, I used to run my last one with a 32 bits version of the windows and the Strike fighter 2 game used to run just perfectly (with some laging problems due to the age of my computer) now with the performances of my new computer i was counting to have some really good flights, but when i istalled the game everything went fine until i started the first mission, there's was no land, the plane disapears when seen from the outside (no problems with the cockpit) , and there's like a grey shadow all over the map objects.

I really need the help of anyone if possible because i won't be able to solve that all by my self.

Is there a possible way to solve this problem ? is there a way to correct it ?

Thanks to all and cheers from Morocco !!

Have you checked if your graphics drivers are up to date? And tried re-installing the game?

Have you checked if your graphics drivers are up to date? And tried re-installing the game?

I didn't check if they were but i think they are because i just installed the Windows 7 last night and had everything working fine. I rode somewhere on the net that some people had maybe the same problem as me with some other games but i don't know how to make it work.

I tryied reinstalling the game but nothing.

What patch level of Strike Fighters 2 are you running? - latest is Nov 2011

Just because Windows 7 is okay and other apps run fine does not mean your Graphics drivers are up to date - do you know what card you have?

click on the start button , type dxdiag.exe in the search programs and files box, let the program start and run then save the output to your desktop using the Save all information button , open the file you saved with notepad then copy + Paste the output here.

What patch level of Strike Fighters 2 are you running? - latest is Nov 2011

Just because Windows 7 is okay and other apps run fine does not mean your Graphics drivers are up to date - do you know what card you have?

click on the start button , type dxdiag.exe in the search programs and files box, let the program start and run then save the output to your desktop using the Save all information button , open the file you saved with notepad then copy + Paste the output here.

Here we go, i just did and here are the info i got. and for the SF 2 version, well i haven't updated to the november version.

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/1/2012, 19:18:42

Operating System: Windows 7 Édition Intégrale 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: French (Regional Setting: French)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Vostro 1540

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel® Core i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM

Page File: 1630MB used, 6156MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3)

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_05261028&REV_02

Display Memory: 1696 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Shared Memory: 1632 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (40Hz)

Monitor Name: Moniteur Plug-and-Play générique

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: LGD02E3

Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.992Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32

Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2302 (English)

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2302

DDI Version: 10

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2011 19:16:36, 6549504 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4306-11CF-667B-2C25A2C2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x0046

SubSys ID: 0x05261028

An internal graphics card may not be the best for a game like SF2. Yes, Windows will look OK and most stuff will run but you may not get the performance you expect.

I would still look at heading over to the Intel site and see if you can get updated drivers for the internal card.

An it might be worth saving your money for a dedicated video card. Not a great answer but games like SF2 are graphics intensive and it may take some hardware investment to get it to run right.

An internal graphics card may not be the best for a game like SF2. Yes, Windows will look OK and most stuff will run but you may not get the performance you expect.

I would still look at heading over to the Intel site and see if you can get updated drivers for the internal card.

An it might be worth saving your money for a dedicated video card. Not a great answer but games like SF2 are graphics intensive and it may take some hardware investment to get it to run right.

It's an internal graphic card because it's a laptop :D not that smart to play such a game on a laptop you would tell me, but i simply have no choice :(

Thanks to every single one of you for the help guys !!

I just finished with the game updates but unfortunatly i didn't work, still some land parts missing and reapearing sudenly and then they go missing again ... I just remarked that at high altitude, i didn't have such problems and the ones with the planes external view were'nt as bad as on low altitude flights.

you can try to drop the ALL the settings to LOW, but i seriously doubt the Intel HD 3000 GPu Cores in the core i3 have enough to run the game, neither is the 64mb of dedicated memory, shared memory is not the same.

increasing the dedicated amount of ram to 512/1024 mb might help. (if Dell didnt lock the BIOS options)

Edited by SkateZilla

=== Moved to the correct Forum, as it's SF2, and not SF/Wo* related ==========

you can try to drop the ALL the settings to LOW, but i seriously doubt the Intel HD 3000 GPu Cores in the core i3 have enough to run the game, neither is the 64mb of dedicated memory, shared memory is not the same.

increasing the dedicated amount of ram to 512/1024 mb might help. (if Dell didnt lock the BIOS options)

I used to run the game on an old laptop with worst performances and it used to run very good, bad ground texture but enought for me to do some good strafing passes on the T-62 columns :D

I'll try to drop the settings to low, but don't know how to increase the dedicated ram, but i'll try to do it hopping it would not affect the the performances of the holl Pc :D

I would like to thank all of you again for the help :D

Cuz all the SF2 titles require minimum 128mb of VRAM,

Could Also try telling it to Force Dx9 Mode:

/<root>/Users/<Username>/Saved Games/Thirdwire/<GameVersion>/Options.ini

Change:

ForceDX9=FALSE

to

ForceDX9=TRUE

Edited by SkateZilla

Cuz all the SF2 titles require minimum 128mb of VRAM,

Could Also try telling it to Force Dx9 Mode:

/<root>/Users/<Username>/Saved Games/Thirdwire/<GameVersion>/Options.ini

Change:

ForceDX9=FALSE

to

ForceDX9=TRUE

Hello Skatezilla.

Thanks a lot for you help, i changed the the ForceDx9 from FALSE to TRUE and it absolutly solved all the graphic problems i had, you really saved my day !! thanks a lot again to you and to all the boys who helped or tryed to help.

cheers to all

the downside of Dx9 mode is there are less GFX shaders / eye candy,

but running off an intel HD3000 GPU core wouldnt have enough power to crank the GFX up to make use of those anyway.

just know that the next Thirdwire Title being released is pure DX10, there will be no Dx9 Mode.

Edited by SkateZilla