sceptre

pilot hours not recording

I've installed the latest patches and I have done a complete re-install. oh ya i read the FAQ. my pilot dossier will record claims, kills and number of missions flown but not hours flown. After action briefing is the same say i did a good job etc but no hours. Also I do not have " flight data " after a mission when I want to review last mission. before you say it yes I do hit " escape" key to end mission just as they say in FAQ. (campaign mode). My air combat 3 is v3.1. The time and day progress normally ... etc. but no hours logged!!!..........WTH.

thank you for replying..............so dont worry about it, it doesn't effect campaign mode?

Well, your campaign dossier may show the wrong number of hours, but it doesn't effect the campaign in other ways I don't think. I suppose it might slow your chances of getting a promotion or medals, but I'm not sure about that. You can go into your campaign dossier and manually edit your campaign hours to reflect the correct amount of time, however.

Does that help?

I think most may know this but I am posting for those who may not or are new and rely on the CSF3 game commands. CSF3 has an exit game command that is execute by pressing the control an Q keys together (CTRL+Q). You then get a dialog box that asks if you really want to exit the game. I have been using that since day one and have never had a successful flight recorded in the pilot's dossier or flight log nor have I seen claim forms. After considerable discussion in this forum and with Winder, thinking that there was a problem with the game or some obscure computer setting, we discovered that exiting s mission via CNTRL+Q was the problem. It takes you just not out of the mission but out of the game completely and no flight data is recorded. The correct way to exit a mission is to press the escape key and then click "end Flight" on the drop down menu that appears in the upper right hand corner. You then get a dialog box asking if you are sure you want to exit the mission. Answer yes and you will see the summary of the flight data, get your claim form if you shot anyone down, and the flight will be recorded in the pilit's dossier. This has been posted at the end of another long thread but I thought it might merit repetition for those who, like me, do what seems obvious from the CSF3 game command card. My apologies for boring the majority of you who were smarter than me and already knew this.

I finally have logged a successful mission and filed a claim. now let's see if it gets approved. This is a case where I'm happy to have the suspense killing me. :biggrin:

I'm not the author . . that is Condor 44