Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Had to attend a meeting in NYC

I had to attend a meeting in NYC this afternoon, so I took the PATH train into the WTC station, and when I emerged out on street level, this is what I saw:

Image0008.jpg

Here's a shot as I was heading back to the station for the trip home, from the corner of Broadway and Vesey streets, with the Freedom Tower silhouetted against the evening twilight:

Image0009.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, but what should one expect from a cellphone cam, afterall? :cool:

I remember a huge hole when I was there in 2K6. So they've reopened the line from the Cortlandt station? I remember it being solid with rubble and people talking about possibly leaving it as it was.

I remember a huge hole when I was there in 2K6. So they've reopened the line from the Cortlandt station? I remember it being solid with rubble and people talking about possibly leaving it as it was.

The foundations for the old towers are now reflecting pools, with the names of those who died in the 1993 and 2001 attacks etched onto bronze plaques that surround both of them: http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-photos-massive-reflecting-pool-111010,0,3801274.photogallery

Also, we're discussing two different lines, the PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) is a commuter rail line that links NJ with NYC. The WTC is one of two major PATH stations in NYC (the other is Madison Square Garden / Penn Station). The Cortlandt street station is an MTA station, that serves the 1 and N & R line subway lines.

More background: WTC PATH STATION

Edited by Fubar512

FUBAR< thanks for posting the pics... Just a marvelous sight :salute:

Edited by Major Lee

Looks amazing :good:

It sure does...