I tried to find the LOD of the Su-7B,BM,BMK and I cant find it in the CAT files?! There is one CAT file i even cant open, file nr. 2. Maybe they are inside there!?

I would like to know only the meshnames of the Canopy and the inner and outer fins on the wings. Can someone help me out here pls?

:drinks:

Hello,

In SF2 Nov11 version, it seems ALL this files are in the ObjectData002.cat but we can't extract them because this is restricted!

Why not try to extract them from an 1st Gen Strike Fighter install for the Su-7s?

Coupi. :bye:

Edited by Coupi

If I understand it right, the restriction is only after Nov11 patch? Your idea is great, but I dont have SF1 anymore, switched completly to SF2.

But will check an early install of SF2 for the LOD`s

But will check an early install of SF2 for the LOD`s

This is a good idea,... I don't remember the "patch" which modified the game in this area! :good:

Coupi. :salute:

Edited by Coupi

Guys, i think the CAT file containing the lods came locked almost since the release of SF2, you may use the SF1 lods, since they haven't been changed.

I think it was around May 2011 when lods got locked...

Flogger23:

No, I have stayed with the Jan11 SF2 patches and I can extract anything in the game that I want. It should have been the May11 patch that stopped LOD extractions, which is why I'm still at the Jan11 patch level.

Again, hence the reason to keep archived extracted CATs from pre-Jan 2011. As some of us have done.

It was done to reduce or eliminate the amounts and attempts at LOD piracy. As several aircraft had been reverse engineered by unscrupulous parties and released as they're own.

While Cat002 is locked, oddly enough Cat001, with all the ground objects, is not.

You are right Wrench, i know the reason, Im just abig fan of FC`s fakepilot method as all of you know :grin:

but its already solved :D

Thank you all

The Fake Pilot Method Ruulz!!!! :lol:

I wanted to create a Su-7A Fighter out of the B, but I need to redo the whole canopy. The glas is more stretched to the rear than on the B, it seems there is some armore implemented. But the A has a better rear view (in RL) :drinks:

I love early soviet fighters, they look all a bit similar but hey, there are never enough red birds!

post-8289-0-93638800-1328212632.jpg

couldnt resist

I love early soviet fighters, they look all a bit similar but hey, there are never enough red birds!

couldnt resist

I'm agree with you! :drinks:

Pierre. :bye: