Sign in to follow this  
Olham

For Two-Seater Fans, who can read German

Interesting descriptions of photo-reconaissance and bombing missions Georg Wulf had flown 1916-1918.

Unfortunately only in German. Georg Wulf built aircraft after the war. He died in a flying accident in September 1927.

His company and name got integrated in the German aircraft manufacturer Focke-Wulf.

http://flieger-album.de/blog/index.php?rs_id=view&s=26

Nice find, Olham!

There are other pilot bios on the site, as well, along with pictures and descriptions.

Here is a picture of an airship, L48, that burned over England in 1917.

gallery_45803_271_11583.jpg

Very interesting stuff, Olham. Thanks for sharing. Google translator did a reasonably fair job of it. That last story about having to land at night in solid fog was rather hair-raising. I wonder what type of plane he was in then? 4 men so 2 engines I'd assume.

That site is one of my favourites. I've had it bookmarked for years. :drinks:

Bullethead, that Google translator is an unpredictable beast. Sometimes it performs adequately, but often it produces absolutely horrible results, mangling the language brutally (and hilariously). I've found out that it works better for some languages, and terribly for others.

Edited by Hasse Wind