Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Anyone know what these are?

I snapped this image while on vacation in Morehead City, NC, back in December of 2007. They wre deliverd by a team of sailors, and they spent a couple of days berthed at the Morehead City Yacht Basin. Are they some sort of SEAL assault boats?

seal.JPG

Looks exactly like the fast boats use here, in Caribbean, to carrier drugs. Some are captured and then abandoned later, and sometimes sold. But these ones seem to be particularly well equipped, with access hatch at the rear and a kind of 'stealth' forms.

Mmmh... Gas engines ? grin.gif

Its (they) are Mk5 SOC's. Seal team operation boat.

Clik here---- > Seal Team 6 SOC

HA! That's where my wife and I saw them, on vacation at Virginia Beach a few years back ... Right by the dolphin boat ride dock... We also saw the SEALS out on a morning swim. They were heading north along the beach, from the dock area, and kept right on going parallel to the shore, until they diusappeared around Cape Henry, by the light house... That's several miles. I'll have to dig out those pics...

Why in hell were you in BOREhead City?

I was in Cherry Point's I-level Pegasus maintenance class at about that time in 2007.

Edited by exhausted

Why in hell were you in BOREhead City?

I was in Cherry Point's I-level Pegasus maintenance class at about that time in 2007.

We were having glass and paint work work done on my boss's boat, so I spent a couple of weeks there, living aboard.