RAF_Louvert

A Small Suggestion For OFF2 P4

I know our ever-vigilant devs are busy wrapping up P4 so that they can release it in two weeks, and I don't wish to distract them from this Herculean task, but I do have one tiny, little, miniscule, itsy-bitsy request. If it pleases the mighty devs, might I ask that we are allowed some time on the field where all the planes in our flight are started and warmed up before take-off. As it is now, everyone else, (i.e. the AI), is ready to go when we pop onto the field, and for those of us who use the multi-step start process and engage in a pre-flight check it is a bit disconcerting to have the rest of the flight zipping by or chewing at our rudder as we get ready.

Thank you for deigning to consider my puny request, oh great and powerful Wizards of OFF.

Lou, (the small and meek)

I know our ever-vigilant devs are busy wrapping up P4 so that they can release it in two weeks, and I don't wish to distract them from this Herculean task, but I do have one tiny, little, miniscule, itsy-bitsy request. If it pleases the mighty devs, might I ask that we are allowed some time on the field where all the planes in our flight are started and warmed up before take-off. As it is now, everyone else, (i.e. the AI), is ready to go when we pop onto the field, and for those of us who use the multi-step start process and engage in a pre-flight check it is a bit disconcerting to have the rest of the flight zipping by or chewing at our rudder as we get ready.

Thank you for deigning to consider my puny request, oh great and powerful Wizards of OFF.

Lou, (the small and meek)

Already in.....

WM

No wonder they call you great and powerful. And I didn't even have to bring you the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West.

:kudos:

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised that whatever we can think of, has already been included in P4? :drinks:

Lou, if you make your future requests a little less wordy, you would sure save them devs some time, I guess.

Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!

By the way - when you are leader of B-flight, the fellers do NOT take off, before you do.

At least my well disciplined German pilots don't. They wait patiently, until Pappi has stowed

his breaktime snacks and his thermosflask with hot coffee.

Well, maybe not totally patient - they often roll forward a notch, as if to give me a hint, that they

want to go chasing some Englishmen.

Already in.....

WM

Damn! That was fast. Talk about "From-your-lips-to-God's-ears." Next time you compose one of your eloquent grovels, could you put a word in for a Hansa-Brandenburg W-29?

Damn! That was fast. Talk about "From-your-lips-to-God's-ears." Next time you compose one of your eloquent grovels, could you put a word in for a Hansa-Brandenburg W-29?

F'eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot for you ... ahem ... Oh great and powerful Wizards of Off. It is I, Lou, the small and meek. If you please Sirs, might I ask for a Hansa-Brandenbu

"SILENCE, whippersnapper! We know full well what you are about to ask! You dare to request of the great Wizards of OFF yet another thing? In the same day?! And a Hansa-Brandenburg W-29 no less! If Hauksbee has something to ask of us, let him step forward. Well? We said step FORWARD HAUKSBEE! "

WoZ_01.jpg

Jiminy Dolittle! You're on your own Hauksbee! I'm outta here!

??? (Completely bonkers, those crumpets - all gone nuts, obviously! What they send over the lines these days... Tch!) :rofl:

Fantastic News!...I remember mentioning this many moons ago!...probably Phase 1

Jeez!...I'm SO looking forward to this, I'm surprised my head doesnt drop off!!!

We said step FORWARD HAUKSBEE! "

Ah Jaysus! I've stepped in the deep puddle this time! If only I'd listened to Gandalf! (Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.)

UKW,,

".I'm SO looking forward to this, I'm surprised my head doesnt drop off!!!"

You've not started channeling the Prince Regent from Blackadder have you? I can just hear Hugh Laurie's voice...

• Like 1

Already in.....

WM

Say what you will about target audiences and the like... but I think we have the perfect marriage of the right target audience and the right developers.

We risk becoming spoiled, I think. We politely mention a little immersion detail like having the time to walk around the plane, so to speak, before take off and before we even try to build an argument for its inclusion, we find out from Winder that it's already in the next phase.

Does it get much better than this? Somebody, buy these people a state of the art graphics engine - we have an all-time classic on our hands! :drinks:

Am I the only one who wishes Neocube had come to these guys with RoF...? Even if only as a 'what if' fantasy.

Maybe, that the latest "state of the art" graphics (like in RoF), combined with all the flights with so many aircraft

going on in real time and unspawed (as in OFF) would not be possible for the majority of our systems?

The aircraft skins in RoF are made in the format "DXT5", which allows lighting and shimmering effects.

Now, if you look into the "Overrides" in the "Graphics Config" of OFF, there is a tick-box to unable DXT5.

That implies, that DXT5 is possible to have in OFF.

So, could all that simply be too much to have running on our average computers?

Must we lower our sights on flashy graphics, to be able to have the real time complexity of the OFF campaign?

You may be right, Olham...

I wouldn't want to loose what is well established in OFF world in favor of state of the art graphics,

but I'm sure the OBD team would have found other ways to surprise as then...

And may will be able to in OFF3!

:drinks:

Yes, exactly - I would prefer to have the dense, complex, well historically researched, four years of the Great War's air war;

with so many different squadrons underway all around me; with most of the squadrons available; and with the whole

Western Front Theater for me to chose, where and in which unit I want to fly.

I wouldn't exchange all that for more flashy graphics.

Of course it would be great, if we could have both, but as long as our rigs can't perform that, I much prefer OFF to hold it's

well worked out flying course.

Am I the only one who wishes Neocube had come to these guys with RoF...? Even if only as a 'what if' fantasy.

There's two of us now. Of course, I only fly Quick Combat so I've never gotten into the complexity of Campaigns. But there are times when I'll climb into an RoF plane for a Quick Mission, specify "No Enemy Planes" and just fly around because everything looks so good.