I never could set it right... it's ball, with pivot in the center, aligned to world XYZ axises, right?

like here

post-8911-0-83005300-1328550981.jpg

the instrument code for it is this:

[AttitudeIndicator]

Type=ATTITUDE_DIRECTOR_INDICATOR

NodeName=ADI_ball

MovementType=ORIENTATION

ReverseYaw=FALSE

//TRUE

Node name matching the mesh name. And of course it doesn't work right, rotates god knows on what axis completely unrelated to planes movement :dntknw:

I have the same problem I know I solved it before but I can't remember how now.

If nobody relieves us before I'll let you know as soon as I re-remember it lol

still no luck, will try tomorrow,

thanks all

I was going to post something about 'pivoting balls', but thought better of if at the last second.... :lol:

a Bevis & Butthead quote is needed here, methinks .....

Edited by Wrench

If you don't have heading marks on the ball (i.e. it's just sky and ground with a pitch ladder, then you can use the Texture_V function for pitch and then you only have to pivot it around the Y axis for roll. Additionally, with this method you only need the polys that are visible from the pilot greatly reducing the overall poly count.

Dels

Dels I'm starting to think I'll do this such way indeed, just the part visible, with texture_V for pitch and rotation for roll; tried several times resetting and still the same results, ouch!

Tiling Texture_V worked in my ww2 pits so far on simple plain artificial horizont gauges

Dels I'm starting to think I'll do this such way indeed, just the part visible, with texture_V for pitch and rotation for roll; tried several times resetting and still the same results, ouch!

Tiling Texture_V worked in my ww2 pits so far on simple plain artificial horizont gauges

I've used this method on every single one of my pits. It's the easiest and uses the least polys.

Dels

Got it working!

turned out my dashboard mesh to which ball is linked had it's axes not aligned to world... coud've checked that in the first place.

Thanks everyone!

Ok next question if I may ask -how do you Gurus place the screws on canopy? Some 3D array, spline patch or by hand?

Place nuts and bolts by hand one side and copy\mirror to other side .

so seems the way I did it (by hand) in fact was the right way to do then, thanks!

Got it working!

turned out my dashboard mesh to which ball is linked had it's axes not aligned to world... coud've checked that in the first place.

ARRRRRRRRRRGH....off to check mine, thx :good:

I usually link everything to the dashboard* which is the highest in hierarchy in my pits (as lame as they are)

*of course keeping some hierarchy among instruments stuff

yup just checked my ADI box had the same problem as your main panel mesh... :good:

don't forget to check the main panel (IF you link the ball to it) -mine had Y,Z axes switched, leftover from extruded polyline I used to trace the panel drawing