Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Off To NAS North Island On The 1st

Heading down to NAS NI to attend the commissioning of HSM-78. They asked for permission from the HAL-5 members to use our name Bluehawks and we said okay. I think that even if we said no the Navy would have approved the name anyway but it was nice that they asked. Here is a part of the message that was sent to one of our fearless leader's

To All Bluehawks!

Gents,

We decided to use the BLUEHAWKS name for our squadron and are making preparations for an Establishment on 1 March 2012. We chose the name based on the history stemming from the HAL squadrons and would be honored if some former BLUEHAWKS were able to attend the ceremony.

I will send out more detailed information later, but I wanted to know if there would be any interest from your side to attend the ceremony.

I left out names and such but the meat of the message is what I posted. Never have been to a commissioning, been to a couple of de-comms though so I'm really looking forward to this. To bad this is a drive 350 miles attend and come home. They only reason my wife let me out of the cage is that I'm going with my former Master Chief, she thinks that will keep me under control. Hopefully I can get some good pics and t-shirts.

• Like 1

Take pics and enjoy yourself. The 350 miles would be worth it.

How nice!

Got some friends in my own workcenter that are headed there later on this year.

I, for one, would NOT prefer to work on Romeos... :haha:

But good luck over there!

SidDogg

I hear you, rather work on Hotels myself. When I talked to some of my buds in 85 a few years back about the Romeo the flew from N.I. to Mugu they weren't too happy about the birds range among other things. That said the Romeo or something like it was what the HCS community should have had from the beginning.

Too bad 78 is not really a HAL-5 legacy squadron but I hope that they live up to our name. Your buds going there should be proud to be Bluehawks.

Yeah, It seems that way

I started on Sierras, I'm actually the first ARMED Helo Helicopter Plane Captain :grin:

Now I've been working SH-60F/HH-60H for over 3 years...it kinda grows on you, you know.

SidDogg

Very cool! I was at the commisioning of my first squadron at NI also.

Take pictures!!

:good:

Edited by Typhoid

enjoy yourself, try to take it easy

and good luck to the new squadron, may they live up to the name :salute: