Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Finally Getting One Of These

Nice - its been around a while - for those that can afford 3 monitors :grin:

Saw a vid of somebody running DCS A-10C on one of these linked to 3 x 1080p projectors! - which gives out a massive display - only problem with projectors is the cost of the bulbs, the noise they make and the heat they give out!

same here... except NOT getting one in forseen future (spontaneously combusts and burns of envy and other feelings)

seriously, have fun Dave and post screenies!:drinks:

I expected pony pictures. But that must've been fulfilled by that long face pilot.

$300 for something any AMD GPU can do out of the Box... (take 3 displays and create 1 master group with a Res of 5760x1080 etc).

$300 for something any AMD GPU can do out of the Box... (take 3 displays and create 1 master group with a Res of 5760x1080 etc).

First I will never use an ATI/AMD GPU ever again. Second....its a gift. So I didn't pay anything for it.

I been wanting on of these for years :grin::spiteful: --->

A bikini?

First I will never use an ATI/AMD GPU ever. Second....its a gift. So I didn't pay anything for it.

Whatta great gift Dave!

Nvidia 4 ever!!!Now i've got a GTX 580 DCU-2 but I really don't know if she can afford the trple screen!

I'd like to do a 3 monitor set up too. Unfortunately my 24" monitor is still new enough I don't want to replace it, but just old enough you can't find any more of the bloody things. That and I just bought a monitor arm that mounts to my desk, and in my lack of forward planning, didn't get one that would hold 3 monitors. Ah well.

My lone 24" monitor takes pretty much 99.5% of my available desk space. I suppose if there were 25" monitors one might fit, but that's it.

Nothing bigger than that screen @1920x1080 will I be running for at least the next several years.

Of course, the funny thing is to get decent triple view performance with AMD you need to spend about $300 on the card anyway.

TripleHead2Go is awesome, you'll love it Dave. This is a really rubbish photo depicting my Uni's flight sim which we have it set up to 3 projectors...

post-5661-0-75126500-1328821209.jpg

First I will never use an ATI/AMD GPU ever. Second....its a gift. So I didn't pay anything for it.

Kudos then..

Veltro.. stop posting pics of My wife ....

First I will never use an ATI/AMD GPU ever again. Second....its a gift. So I didn't pay anything for it.

Your loss.

Your loss.

No its not...I have had them before and they blew. One even killed one of my laptops...yep the GPU caused the laptop to die. So its not like I haven't tried them before. They cant hold a candle to Nvidia. So no loss there if I don't use them again.

allways Nvidia here

(but writing from Ati system...)

One even killed one of my laptops...yep the GPU caused the laptop to die.

Tell me you caught the SOB and brought him to justice! Don't say it got away!!!!

Tell me you caught the SOB and brought him to justice! Don't say it got away!!!!

He was strung up for his crimes. :lol: We don't take to kindly to laptop killin' in these parts.

Hi Dave. Congratulations on getting the TH2GO, but I regret to tell you that getting Strike Fighters 2 or First Eagles 2 to run on it is going to be a challenge. I am using two GTX 470s on three LG 42" TVs and am in the midst of setting up a new cockpit, and am running into a lot of compatibility issues with the third wire series. "Rise of Flight" and "Cliffs of Dover" are a lot more successful, but I don't think third wire are supporting multiscreen gaming as yet. My poor old 470s don't have the omph to run on Nvidia Surround alone and I need the Matrox to bump up the frame rates. It seems to me that the Matrox takes care of the screen splitting and does a lot of the leg work, leaving the GPUs to concentrate on the number crunching for the game graphics.

Please let me know if you have success with Third Wire titles.

I have the Thridwire series working great. I just don't use the Matrox software it came with and it works fine.