Sign in to follow this  
colmack

Vladivostok new Russian amphibious assault ship

What kind of airwing would be on her? I'm sure Helix but since its going to be an amphibious assault ship it might have Hinds? the reason I ask is that the Russian federation has purchased 2 Mistral class amphibious assault ships witch we have in our library now.

(wiki)

The first ship of the Mistral class will be built within 36 months after the first advance payment. A second ship will be built within 48 months. At the initial stage, the consortium provides for the joint construction of two ships of this type with the subsequent production of two more. Russia will fulfill 20% of the required work during construction of the first Mistral-class ship in the STX shipyards in Saint-Nazaire, France.[76] The third and fourth ships will be constructed in St. Petersburg. Russia plans to build new shipyards on Kotlin Island near St. Petersburg. These will be used to construct Mistral-class ships and other large civil and military vessels in the future.

The first ship was laid down on 1 February 2012 and will have the name Vladivostok. The ship will join the Russian Navy within 36 months.

Thanks for the link, I'm thinking of doing some sort of repaint of the model so it looks more inline with Russian fleet colors being that she wont be entering the fleet until at least 2014 it would be nice to let her sail with the fictional Ulyanovsk, we are kind of limited on what kind of airwing we can use right now so pretty much the question was moot to begin with :dntknw: Im sure by the time she comes online they will have some fancy new set of birds to fly from her