Sign in to follow this  

Hi!!!!! Is there any tutorial, or someone knows how to create target areas, with a hight density of SAMs and AAA both fiendly and enemy?? I am trying to create them for my Norwegian Sea terrain (not finnished yet) and when I add SAM launchers, the SAM radar doesn't appear, I add the coordinates for AAA and only some of them appear, a total nightmare. Any idea?? The strang thing is that it only happens with SAM radars, SAM launchers and AAA. I can perfectly add structures such as barracks or radar domes. Thanks!!!!

What sim? This post doesn't belong in the pub....

once again, moved this thread to the correct Forum, where it'll be seen by those that really know what's going on

==========================

it's a game engine glitch, and even more prevelant in SF2 ... you'll have to use 'generic tags' (SAMRadar, SAMLauncher, EWR). Calling an object directly for placement can sometimes prevent it from showing. Which makes it a flat-out bitch and a half, when trying to build a historically accurate terrain where not only the locations of AD units are known, but the exact TYPE of unit...

Also, the engine will sometimes NOT populate AD units near the player's base or nearby cities. This keeps computing cycles down by not putting things where they're not (yet) needed. And again, there's a 50km 'bubble' around the player aircraft. Things (ground objects) will not spawn outside that region. They'll also de-spawn as the player's aircraft leaves that area.

A well know fact among the 5 of us terraformers... :grin:

once again, moved this thread to the correct Forum, where it'll be seen by those that really know what's going on

==========================

it's a game engine glitch, and even more prevelant in SF2 ... you'll have to use 'generic tags' (SAMRadar, SAMLauncher, EWR). Calling an object directly for placement can sometimes prevent it from showing. Which makes it a flat-out bitch and a half, when trying to build a historically accurate terrain where not only the locations of AD units are known, but the exact TYPE of unit...

Also, the engine will sometimes NOT populate AD units near the player's base or nearby cities. This keeps computing cycles down by not putting things where they're not (yet) needed. And again, there's a 50km 'bubble' around the player aircraft. Things (ground objects) will not spawn outside that region. They'll also de-spawn as the player's aircraft leaves that area.

A well know fact among the 5 of us terraformers... :grin:

Thanks for the info!!!! Very helpfull!!!!