Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

Is anyone working on Desert Storm for SF2?

Just wondering....

Over the last year or so I have been SLOWLY plugging away at converting ODS to SF2 with reasonably decent results. This has been basically an exercise for myself but I would be willing to share if folks are interested. It's all in a new mods folder, of course, so packaging it would not be hard. The worst part is I need to review who contributed NEW items (like updated aircraft) and make sure everyone gets credit.

Oh the other hand if there is a major effort already by other folks........

Edited by DoctorQuest
  • Like 1

Dude, hate to break it to ya, but there is a big team that has been working on ODS for SF2 for a very long time. As far as I know, it's almost done.

So I think your effort may have been in vein. :drinks:

Dude, hate to break it to ya, but there is a big team that has been working on ODS for SF2 for a very long time. As far as I know, it's almost done.

So I think your effort may have been in vein. :drinks:

Dude, I hate to break it to you but it's spelled "vain". :)

And not so much, really. I've learned an a lot about modding in general and SF2 in particular and have had a lot of fun in the process. And if folks keep this stuff a secret how are we supposed to know? (If I missed the SF2 ODS announcement post, forgive me.)

Granted I could have asked sooner but I don't consider my time or efforts wasted by any means.

Edited by DoctorQuest
  • Like 1

the learning curve is well worth the time spent.

I, personally, just wish I could get the frakking terrain back into the TE (keeps crashing it), and fix all my pervious mistakes. And add the the damn rivers, like I did for Iran/Iraq. (which, of course, means lots and lots of bridges to be added --but, then there's the fun of blowing them up!)

Are you using the SF2E or WOE Germanyce.cat and would that matter? (there's that learning curve again.......)

when it was originally built, GermanyCE. Even though the tileset uses the 'desert' naming conventions.

when first released for 1stGens, we use WoE as the base, as that was the only one with the needed T-72s for Iraq. With SF2, Full merged, it don't make no difference anymore

Dude, I hate to break it to you but it's spelled "vain". :)

And not so much, really. I've learned an a lot about modding in general and SF2 in particular and have had a lot of fun in the process. And if folks keep this stuff a secret how are we supposed to know? (If I missed the SF2 ODS announcement post, forgive me.)

Granted I could have asked sooner but I don't consider my time or efforts wasted by any means.

Cool. No offense meant.

What about some missions inspired in "Vipers in the storm"? It's one of my favourites books!