Siggi

Well, that's the end of Rise of Flight.

At the moment I use Rise of Flight for playing two-seater campaigns, as I like the artillery spotting and recon features they have - also when on lone recon missions I find it easier to fly proper navigation in RoF due to the accuracy of the maps (also when you're flying it doesn't show where you are on the map - but if you land at an aerodrome it shows your current loaction, which is a nice feature - sort of like landing to ask for directions.)

While I use Over Flanders Fields mainly for playing early war stuff such as the B.E.2 and the Bristol Scout, which will be even more superior once P4 comes out with the new early war stuff in that, which is something very much lacking as far as RoF is concerned.

As for that update, I imagine I'll buy the channel map and the seaplanes, not so sure about the DH4 though, as I'd have thought the later war two-seater front was pretty much covered with the R.E.8 and the Bristol Fighter, at least as far as I'm concerned - as someone who mainly flies RFC.

Guys lets leave off the personal slanging matches - we keep a open mind here but if it gets personal I will close this.

WM

Really..The only thing that RoF and OFF have in common...are they are both set in WW1

I prefer OFF for quite a few reasons...namely campaign, the amount of aircraft and the immersion factor.

RoF wins hands down on MP...which is fine (although I have never sucessfully joined an MP game..perhaps I'm doing something wrong..but I'm not bothered anyhow)...OFF has never claimed to be the ultimate MP sim..... It seems a bit daft now to compare the two on equal levels...they are chalk and cheese

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I bought everything they offered until that ridiculous Personal pack and I cant say I'm that fussed or will be bothered about buying seaplanes either.

Think I'm about done with paying anymore for this sim now.

I'm also getting very bored with he constant harping on about "we need money" from their American chap.

Hurry up and release OFF Phase 4 please.

+1

And now the map, more packages, pay, pay pay.

The game turned out in a free to pay play way, that I don't like it and will not endorse it.

Bye-bye.

Really..The only thing that RoF and OFF have in common...are they are both set in WW1

I prefer OFF for quite a few reasons...namely campaign, the amount of aircraft and the immersion factor.

RoF wins hands down on MP...which is fine (although I have never sucessfully joined an MP game..perhaps I'm doing something wrong..but I'm not bothered anyhow)...OFF has never claimed to be the ultimate MP sim..... It seems a bit daft now to compare the two on equal levels...they are chalk and cheese

But for a while there RoF was looking like a contender for an excellent SP sim. Yes, it would have taken a while for it to have the same planes and skins and features as OFF but many of us thought it was set on the right track. Now it's taken a spur-line and it'll be derailed before it ever finds its way back.

Oh well, I won't cry over the money I wasted supporting it, taking Jason's silences for implicit intentions.

• Like 1

I'm not spending another penny on it, thats for sure

As far as I know, there is another forum part for RoF.

So, why should we discuss RoF here, when this is the OFF forum?

Let us continue simulating "The Great War" - let's not start another.

• Like 1

As far as I know, there is another forum part for RoF.

So, why should we discuss RoF here, when this is the OFF forum?

Let us continue simulating "The Great War" - let's not start another.

Well said.

• Like 1

“Obscure” seaplanes? Perhaps to some people, maybe. The DH4, “forgettable”? Respectfully and without malice, perhaps put away the joystick and open a history book or two.

Interesting how ROF is ripped for not having a complete and historical planeset—and then they are ripped for releasing planes that move toward having a complete and historical planeset. :rolleyes: However, I agree that still not having the BE2 and FE2 in RoF is a glaring omission. And don't get me started on their lack of Albatros D.III.

I agree with Bullethead that there is an large element of what he wrote concerning ROF. However, what’s been omitted is the giant single player career they’ve implemented, expanded, and are expanding that has nothing at all to do with “MMO”. 99% of my ROF flying is not multiplayer. So their are two faces to that sim. With the Channel map will come a Belgian career, which I fully endorse--an air force completely ignored by all sims heretofore.

I'll buy their channel map--but I'll also buy P4/OFF2. I like both. When I'm flying one the last thing I'm thinking about is the other.

• Like 1

“Obscure” seaplanes? Perhaps to some people, maybe. The DH4, “forgettable”? Respectfully and without malice, perhaps put away the joystick and open a history book or two.

Interesting how ROF is ripped for not having a complete and historical planeset—and then they are ripped for releasing planes that move toward having a complete and historical planeset. :rolleyes: However, I agree that still not having the BE2 and FE2 in RoF is a glaring omission. And don't get me started on their lack of Albatros D.III.

I agree with Bullethead that there is an large element of what he wrote concerning ROF. However, what’s been omitted is the giant single player career they’ve implemented, expanded, and are expanding that has nothing at all to do with “MMO”. 99% of my ROF flying is not multiplayer. So their are two faces to that sim. With the Channel map will come a Belgian career, which I fully endorse--an air force completely ignored by all sims heretofore.

I'll buy their channel map--but I'll also buy P4/OFF2. I like both. When I'm flying one the last thing I'm thinking about is the other.

The principle at hand has always been very simple to me...don't move forward until what is behind that remains unfinished is finished. The lack of the Be2, Strutter, Fe2 and their German contemporaries is a glaring and critical ommission. What is the point of the EIII and DH2 without them?

So we get instead planes that are, relative to the importance of the sim's historical integrity, an absolute nonsense. There's a time and place for such planes but before those early ones I've mentioned are done now is not it.

Maybe you'd like to quote me where I've come across as a "raving lunatic"?! Oh, you can't, because you're engaging in hyperbole. Seriously, what are you on, describing anything I've posted over there in such absurd terms? Are you a child?

Oh, how droll, I'm not the one pulling the temper tantrum. People can read for themselves HERE starting on page 13, where you maintain your constructive criticism but then you prognosticate "the end of Rise of Flight" not only there, but here for some reason. But then the true measure of the troll becomes apparent on or about page 15 or 16+...

@ Winder, this was personal when he decided to post his "[de]constructive critique" in this forum. There are other RoF forums, even at this URL, where he could have expressed his dissatisfaction... Why here? Fuel on an otherwise quiescent fire that existed (still exists?) between these two communities??? Nobody bashes OFF in the RoF forums I frequent, but maybe that is par for the course here.

Edited by Bandy

With respect we are a very very small team compared to others, (did we ever mention that?) and any spare time is full time developing leaving a little time to manage forums so yes sometimes things happen. It is now closed anyway.

It's par for the course in many forums. Anyway as always we say enjoy all sims, they are a rare breed.