Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Planes of Fame in Chino, Ca. just got in an airframe for a BF 109 E-1/ upgraded to E-7 . The aircraft will be restored ( Cant find out when) The Frame ( 70 %) was taken from the bottom of a Russian Lake where it crashed ( shot down ?) The rumor is the aircraft flew in BoB as an E-1 then returned for upgrade to E-7 and shipped to the East where in 1942 " it ate it ". I couldn't find out if the motor made to the U.S. along with the Frame. probably because I was up there at Lunch time.

Edited by carrick58

Guess you meant this aircraft.

Very interesting too: they have a Heinkel He 100 fighter there; also a Heinkel He 162 "Salamander" ("Volksjäger") jet fighter;

and more than one Messerschmidt Me 163 "Komet" (one in Japanese colours). There are even more interesting planes -

have a look yourself.

Thats it Olham you are a wealth of information. They do have the Replicas of those a/c but non flyable. The Storch and the Russian a/c are flyable. It also looks like they brought in a flyable 190 A that is listed as a New Work ( whatever that is ?) along with a Pup and DR I flyable Replicas with tail wheels for the Airshow in May this year. What I thought was interesting was the Mig collection. Parked around the Flight Line and Hangers were a Mig 17 and Mig 15 belonging to the RedBull corporation plus a Polish 2 seat Mig 15 trainer added to that the Planes of Fame Mig 15 that flys each year in the Airshow.

Well, it's easy to find, if you type your search words into the frame at YouTube.

Here is the Focke-Wulf 190 A type: