Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Infantry Units

I have uploaded some new infantry units for First Eagles, which includes a dust effect for when they're moving and a gunshot sound for their rifles. I've included Peter01's gundata for their rifles, modified to use my sound effect. They are in five man squads and are all identical except for their helmets and uniform colors. There are infantry for: Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Belgium, America, Russia, Australia, and Turkey. You can load them individually if you don't need them all. I've included instructions for installing the guns and sounds.

Thanks to Heck and Geo for leading the way!

post-67404-0-13613500-1328931101.jpg

post-67404-0-60534600-1328931108.jpg

post-67404-0-98282300-1328931117.jpg

post-67404-0-96069400-1328931124.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

Wow! For an aircombat sime those look pretty fantastic!

Is it possible to disable the dust, if the FPS takes a nose-dive when the little blighters are scuttling about below you, even if it makes them harder to see?

PS I take it not installing the emitter file will have that effect, will give it a try if necessary.

Edited by 33LIMA

Another excellent contribution.!

Thanks again.

Very good! And very useful too :wink2:

Is it possible to disable the dust, if the FPS takes a nose-dive when the little blighters are scuttling about below you, even if it makes them harder to see?

33LIMA - The dust emitter is in the [MovementSystem] section of the data file for each unit. try deleting the emitter in the line "MovementEmitterName=" and see if that helps.

I could make a version with four man squads if that would help. Let me know. 

Edited by Stephen1918

those are WWAAAAAYYYY cool!!!

There is a effect problem in some systems (like mine Win 7 64/FE2/Dx10) and the dust effect doesn't show, but I've figured it out and I'll upload the fix.

In fact, the effects packs we have now are for the old FE1 and needs badly an FE2 update.....Stary I'm looking at you. Tried your unified effects pack, but it seems a little over the top for these little planes making those hugue fireballs!!!

Edited by ojcar