Hi All

I am trying to get Razbams A-6 Cockpit into TKs A-6A without getting two refuelling probes showing. If someone has done it could they let me know how? I have tried adjusting the position but no go.

Many thanks

Snapper 21

You should be able to remove the meshes using this technique: http://combatace.com/topic/67237-removing-antennas-from-stock-models/page__view__findpost__p__519739

First, find the probe's meshes from the LOD or OUT file, then edit the aircraft data.ini

btw I'd be interested in this mod too :good:

Edited by PureBlue

Hi NeverEnough

That worked a treat.

Thanks

Snapper 21

No offense, by why remove the hi-poly Razbam probe, as opposed to the (ugly) low-poly Thirdwire one? I have an upgraded Razbam cockpit and avionics .ini files, that I'm going to get Ron's permission to upload. And yes, the fuel flow guage, Missile launch warning lights (etc) work on this one.

BTW, to hide the ugly TW fuel probe, just add the following to the Thidwire A-6A_Data.ini:

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=A-6_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=12836.9

EmptyInertia=112487.0,59225.5,218417.3

ReferenceArea=49.14

ReferenceSpan=16.15

ReferenceChord=3.31

CGPosition=0.00,-1.30,0.22

OnGroundPitchAngle=3.0

Component[001]=Fuselage

Component[002]=Nose

Component[003]=LeftWing

Component[004]=RightWing

Component[005]=LeftStab

Component[006]=RightStab

Component[007]=VertTail

Component[008]=LeftOuterWing

Component[009]=RightOuterWing

Component[010]=Hide1<------Add this

And just above the "Crew" section:

[Hide1]

ParentComponentName=nose

ModelNodeName=Fuel_Probe

DestroyedNodeName=

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

img00336.JPG

Edited by Fubar512
added image

Hi Fubar

Will give removing TKs probe a go, though wont we be knackered if TK adds in flight refuelling, they look in slightly different position. :grin:

I hope yoi get permission to upload the changes, they do look good. Am I right in thinking you have CCIP in the cockpit? I have been trying to add that myself, but without a weapon selected I lose the gunsight totally??

Cheers

Snapper 21

no, it shouldn't do anything but remove it from sight in the cockpit. Do that, and look at the extrnal model. if the probe remains ...

if not, it can be done by the HideExternalNode= line added to cockpit ini (unless, of course, that remove the Raz one -which it shouldn't with luck)

or...

in the Nose section:

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

and the odds of us getting AFR are so close to Zero ™ that makes no difference :grin:

actually, by fiddiling with the x/y/z of the cockpit position, on could even 'hide in plane sight' (as you can see, I'm not quite dialed in yet....)

Gents,

I'm an experienced modder, albeit something of a newbie at modding SF2. I've been able to get the RAZBAM cockpit incorporated into all of the A-6 versions I have, including the scenario above (RAZBAM cockpit in TW A-6A). Problem is that in the A-6A/B (both using the stock A LOD) the external fuel tanks show up on the hardpoints if there is another weapon selected.

I've read the other posts about hiding the components, but I was wondering if somebody has figured out which meshes to hide with the A-6A LOD to prevent the fuel tanks from being superimposed on the weapons. Fortunately, this isn't a problem with the A-6E TRAM.

On a parallel track, has anybody been able to import the RAZBAM A-6 LODs into SF2 without having them go tail-first into the runway? I've played with the data.ini file using MigBuster's conversion guide, but I can't seem to get that squared away either.

Thanks in advance.

1)for 3w: data & loadout inis may be out of date -- the Intruder, as you know, has the drop tanks built into the model.

Extract the latest inis from the (whichever cat). Data, and loadout. Put them in the proper aircraft folder, and edit away.

As to Razbams, well ... can't help you there, sorry.

Thanks, Wrench.

Updating the data.ini did the trick. It was a Configuration Management error on my part; I was using the data.ini files from the SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion, as opposed to extracting the latest ini files.

Once I extracted the data.ini files and made the proper tweaks (for the B at least), the Intruders were good to go!

No offense, by why remove the hi-poly Razbam probe, as opposed to the (ugly) low-poly Thirdwire one? I have an upgraded Razbam cockpit and avionics .ini files, that I'm going to get Ron's permission to upload. And yes, the fuel flow guage, Missile launch warning lights (etc) work on this one.

BTW, to hide the ugly TW fuel probe, just add the following to the Thidwire A-6A_Data.ini:

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=A-6_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=12836.9

EmptyInertia=112487.0,59225.5,218417.3

ReferenceArea=49.14

ReferenceSpan=16.15

ReferenceChord=3.31

CGPosition=0.00,-1.30,0.22

OnGroundPitchAngle=3.0

Component[001]=Fuselage

Component[002]=Nose

Component[003]=LeftWing

Component[004]=RightWing

Component[005]=LeftStab

Component[006]=RightStab

Component[007]=VertTail

Component[008]=LeftOuterWing

Component[009]=RightOuterWing

Component[010]=Hide1<------Add this

And just above the "Crew" section:

[Hide1]

ParentComponentName=nose

ModelNodeName=Fuel_Probe

DestroyedNodeName=

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

post-279-0-19091000-1329105153.jpg

Is this cockpit for download somewhere???

It looks awesome!!!

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

Ok, I got everything set up the way I like with all of my A-6 variants (including MigBuster's awesome CCIP mod; additions for the March 2012 patch listed in that thread), but there is one more thing I need to ask as it pertains to the A-6E.

I know that the EOTV display can be used as another radar mode by inserting the line UseRadarTexture=TRUE in the [TVDisplayData]. However, since the A-6E has separate radar and video displays, I used the line UseRadarTexture=FALSE to get them to display separately.

You can see in the following screenshot that the radar is active (bottom) with no EO display (top) since the LGBs or Walleyes are not selected:

img00004.jpg

Now in the following screenshot I selected LGBs, activating the EOTV (top). Note that the ground mapping radar is disabled (bottom), even though the radar template displays on the radar screen itself. Additionally, the radar (as opposed to EOTV) is still superimposed in the upper right, even though it is inactive.

img00005.jpg

My question is twofold:

1. Is it possible to have both the radar and the EOTV active simultaneously?
  2. If not, then without UseRadarTexture=TRUE is it possible to have the EOTV at least superimposed in the upper right when it is the active sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Gents,

I'd like to revive this thread to see if there has been any headway made with releasing the updated RAZBAM cockpit. I would also like to add the following tweaks I made to the cockpit (and have included in the readme for the A-6 Superpack).

This changes the steering symbol on the VDI from a CDI to a waypoint correction symbol:

[steeringSymbol]
Type=WP_CMD_YAW
NodeName=SteeringSymbol
MovementType=POSITION_X
ValueUnit=DEG
Set[01].Position=-0.090
Set[01].Value=-90.0
Set[02].Position=-0.080
Set[02].Value=-45.0
Set[03].Position=0.000
Set[03].Value=0.0
Set[04].Position=0.080
Set[04].Value=45.0
Set[05].Position=0.085
Set[05].Value=90.0

Adding the following lines to the [CockpitSeat001] section will allow XY slewing for TrackIR users:

MinMovementX=-0.16
MaxMovementX=0.18
MinMovementZ=-0.08
MaxMovementZ=0.10

The XY slew works with any cockpit (AFAIK), and the VDI trick works with the EA-6A as well. The EA-6B cockpit doesn't have a VDI, so no-go on the first trick there.

The FuelIndicator fix Fubar mentions is an easy one, in the Cockpit ini., in the FuelIndicator entry: change Set[02].Value=10000 to Set[02].Value=15770.0.

Edited by SupGen

Thanks, SupGen.

Another general question: is there any way to get the ILS needles working? Or was that functionality never implemented in the LOD?

There is a reason to use third wire refueling probe: textures.

Cockpit's texture won't change with external textures, external probe will.

What textures change, streak? Do you have a hot pink skin texture that you use on your A-6's that you're not telling us about? :biggrin:

I've yet to encounter an A-6 that isn't either white, haze grey, or some combination of the two.

Adding the following lines to the [CockpitSeat001] section will allow XY slewing for TrackIR users:

MinMovementX=-0.16
MaxMovementX=0.18
MinMovementZ=-0.08
MaxMovementZ=0.10

This sounds like some seriously good news!!......where did you get this from?? it's like discovering the holy grail for TIR in SF2

Romflyer

I think I pulled that from Wrench's tips in the KB, but I can't recall for sure.