Hauksbee

OT-Cliffs of Dover no video...

Just got "Cliffs of Dover". When I launch it, all goes well until I hit the "FLY" button, at which point the game goes away and I'm left looking at my Wallpaper. I can hear the audio, and there's a small, pale blue rectangle in the upper left corner saying "IL-2 Sturmovik, Cliffs...". But that's it. I can see in the bottom tool bar that "Cliffs..." is running. Anybody know what I'm overlooking? And...does this happen to anyone else?

Just got "Cliffs of Dover". When I launch it, all goes well until I hit the "FLY" button, at which point the game goes away and I'm left looking at my Wallpaper. I can hear the audio, and there's a small, pale blue rectangle in the upper left corner saying "IL-2 Sturmovik, Cliffs...". But that's it. I can see in the bottom tool bar that "Cliffs..." is running. Anybody know what I'm overlooking? And...does this happen to anyone else?

Hauksbee,

Check the graphics requirements. "Cliffs of Dover" is very graphic intensive, way more than IL2 or the Strike Fighter series. I had to get an ATI Radeon Graphics accelerator in order to play Cliffs. Not sure if that is the problem, but that sounds like what was happening to me before I bought the accelerator.

Check the graphics requirements. "Cliffs of Dover" is very graphic intensive, way more than IL2 or the Strike Fighter series.

Here's what I'm running at the moment"

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 2.83GHz / 8.00Gb RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

How does that look to you?

Edited by Hauksbee

Make sure it's patched too...but don't expect miracles m8..it's far from perfect

Make sure it's patched too...but don't expect miracles m8..it's far from perfect

I just downloaded the patch...opened it with WinRAR and the file was corrupt. There was some mission data, but no installer. While hunting for the patch, I visited about four other sites first and discovered that my problem was just one of many different glitches and malfunctions. There's a lot of unhappy folks out there. I think I'll just shelve it for a while.

Since the game was originally meant to be played with Steam (I'm assuming it still is) may I ask if you have verified the game cache? In Steam library r-clic the games title, select properties, then select local files, clic verify cache. Steam automatically applies patches if you've allowed that. Hope that helps. :)

Since the game was originally meant to be played with Steam (I'm assuming it still is) may I ask if you have verified the game cache? In Steam library r-clic the games title, select properties, then select local files, clic verify cache. Steam automatically applies patches if you've allowed that. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Just back from trying. No go. I still get audio, but no picture.

Edited by Hauksbee

Welcome to the world of corporate flightsimming! :grin:

Or, alternatively, shrug your shoulders, put CloD back on the shelf and plan revenge on the developers.

Or, alternatively, shrug your shoulders, put CloD back on the shelf and plan revenge on the developers.

There is that possibility. I tried turning off 'Full Screen' and turned 'Level of Detail" to 'Very Low'. Now when I try to fly, in addition to sound, I have a much reduced screen that's completely black instead of disappearing altogether. I guess that's progress...of a sort.