ianh755

Update for Tornado GR1/GR4 by Dave/Sundowner V3.1

Update for Tornado GR1/GR4 by Dave/Sundowner V3.1

READ ME

-----------

This is an update for Dave & Sundowners Tornado GR1/GR4 pack available here - http://combatace.com/files/file/12320-tornado-gr1gr4-for-sf2/

After the initial release I continued to plug away at the minor issues left over that my OCD wouldn't let go of! The bulk of this update is new and/or improved weapons released recently which include both my work and the stunning weapons that Ravenclaw007 made. The rest is things that are so minor that they would probably go un-noticed by most but they bugged me.

The only issue left that I can see is the lack of correct Decal's for the GR4. I'll be honest and say I haven't a clue about decals but here's some info which may help those who are knowledgable about them - The GR4 should have 2 decals, a 3 number "fleet" code on the tail fin (007 for example) and a 2 number/3 digit Tail code on the fuselage behind the flaps (ZA123 for example). The Fleet number and Tail number are not the same so ZA123 may have a Fleet number of 007 etc.

Cheers.....................................IanH

Installation

-----------

Simply copy and paste into your Mod folder (usually C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 etc) and allow it to over-write. Tested on a Nov '11 patched Full Merged and SF2:Europe Only.

Optional Folder

--------------

In here is a modified VIEWLIST.ini which only changes the stock weapons view to a free cam allowing you a full 360' control of the camera so that you can see the weapons better. All other views are stock. If you want to try it then 1st backup your original viewlist.ini and then copy/paste the new one into the Flight Folder.

Whats in the Update?

--------------------

Aircraft

-----------

All Variants Left/Right Outer Pylons Attachment Angles/Position tweaked.

All Variants Left/Right Shoulder Pylons Attachment Angles/Position tweaked.

All Variants Left/Right ALARM Stub Pylon Attachment Position/Angles tweaked.

All Variants Improved Afterburner Effect added.

All Variants Radar Display Centred & tidied.

All Variants Weapon Pylon data altered for new weapons/guidances below.

All Variants Weapon Ripple Duration/Count improved.

All Variants Loadouts altered for new weapons.

All Variants Gun firing angle improved.

GR1 '82, '90 & '90DS JP233 Attachment Point tweaked for new model JP233.

New 12SQN Artic GR1 Skin.

Weapons

-----------

27mm Gun data.ini tweaked.

New Skin for all ALARM missiles.

New Model ALARM for Wing Outboard Stub Pylons (built-in pylon removed).

New Model, Skin & Guidance for Storm Shadow.

New Model, Skin & Guidance for Laser Brimstone.

New Model & Skin for Radar Brimstone.

New Rack Type for Radar Brimstone.

New Model & Skin for all Paveway 2, 3 & 4 Laser/GPS guided Bombs (Thanks Ravenclaw007).

New Model & Skin for AIM-9L & ASRAAM (Thanks Ravenclaw007).

New Skin for MK10 Retard 1000lb (Thanks Ravenclaw007).

New Skin for Mk22 Slick 1000lb (Thanks Ravenclaw007).

New Skin for BL755 (Thanks Ravenclaw007).

New Model & Skin and data.ini files tweaked for JP233 & Bombletts.

New Displays for TIALD & Litening III pods.

All 2BR Racks Attachment Angle/Positions & data.ini's tweaked (only Tornado 2BR will now fit).

Added Missing StormShadow LOD

---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ianh755

The Optional file is empty as I was going to include an updated Viewlist.ini which changes the weapons view to give you full 360' camera control but I forgot!

Here it is, it is completely stock except for the modded weapons view - http://www.ianhenshall.com/sf2/VIEWLIST.INI

Edited by ianh755

Nice work Ian :salute: one thing tho, the new RAFStormShadow.lod file is missing.

Cheers,

Dan

Yup, the RAFStormShadow.lod is missing.

But great work on all the rest, little things are also very appreciated!! :clapping:

My best regards, Kodiak.

Thanks Ian the new lod works fine. However I am having a bizarre issue where the Stormshadow missiles disappear from my aircraft when I try and fly a mission with them loaded. my wing men all still have their stormshadows and I had mine in the load out screen but once the game starts they are gone from just my player aircraft!?!? It happens when the missiles are loaded by default when I fly a strike mission and also when I load them manually???

Edited by dtmdragon

I've figured it out. The Diameter of the StormShadow lod is 1.00 (meters).

In real life it is 0.48m meters.

Because the diameter is 1.00 in the game the game thinks the missiles are sitting blow the landing gear when they are loaded on the fuselage stations. Because of this the game removes them as soon as a game is started from the runway as the game thinks they (the StormShadows) have collided with the ground and have been destroyed. I think you might need to change the diameter of the lod if this is a common issue

Edited by dtmdragon

Hi dtmdragon - I'm not getting this issue when I start on the runway (see below) which is strange if it's down to the diameter. Is there a particular terrain or airfield this happens on for you or is it universal? If it turns out to be a common issue then I'm not sure what I can do as the pylon data can't be changed (other weapons fit there properly) and I can't make the model diameter thinner as it'll move the missile up into the fuselage and I don't have the MAX file to be able to adjust the 3d model.

tornadostormshadow01.jpg

tornadostormshadow02.jpg

Edited by ianh755

It happens in all terrains and in every different scenario I can come up with to test it. The way I know it is the missiles diameter that is causing it is I reduced the diameter and the problem was solved but obviously the missile then did not sit in the correct place. I am stumped, if it is just me it must just be an issue with my install or flight engine.

Found the issue - I fly with "Collision" in the Gameplay Options at Normal and get the missiles but with it set to Hard you lose the missiles. Other than changing that option in your install there's nothing else I can alter until/unless a new model is made. With my Collision setting at Normal I've done about 200+ take-offs and haven't seen any damage being caused by the missile effectively being dragged along the runway due to the 1m diameter size but it will still causes damage if you scrape the ground by flying too low.

***EDIT*** I'm also working on the GR4 Decal's. I had a nightmare at 1st but now I've figured out what I did wrong it's going well. I just need to start making the triple digit Fleet Numbers in PS now!

Edited by ianh755