Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Started flying "Full DiD" again, with additional measures

The skin is approved and ready for download, by the way.

Thanks much, Olham. (Where do we go to download it from?)

See "Downloads" at the top of this page.

There, go to OVER FLANDERS FIELDS downloads; "Aircraft Skins".

Extract the skin into this folder:

CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields > campaigns > CampaignData > skins

Edited by Olham

See "Downloads" at the top of this page.

Got it. Thanks again.

Kampfbericht

Jagdstaffel 6

Ugny l’Equipee Field, France

Feldpost161

Pilots Log

U/O Fritz Unterreithmeier

Military Flight #000141ScoutOrders- Attack and destroy enemy observation balloon located at approximately N49*53’20 E2*43’40.

1 October 1916

Wetter: forecast for light cloud, no precipitation, wind light variable velocity/dir. Recommended operations altitude: 3000 feet

Notations:

1035— Alb.D I pre-flight checks completed, signed off by ground crew, engine warmed. Waved away chocks and took off from field at appr.1050h. I led my flight towards our objective. Crossing the frontlines I spotted several enemy machines at about 2500 feet and signaled Muller and the others to follow. We dove onto the enemy from above and behind, out of the low clouds, at which time I had lined up a Nieuport 11 in my sights. I fired a short burst and watched the enemy aeroplane shudder with the impact and then followed with a longer burst, perhaps 40 rounds altogether. The enemy machine immediately began trailing black smoke and entered a flat spin, crashing into the fields from appr. 2000 feet. As my wingman and the rest of the flight engaged the enemy I managed to locate the enemy balloon and destroy it. Our Flight was now scattered and so I began searching for my pilots. Unluckily I was jumped by a Sopwith strutter of RNAS 1. Several enemy rounds hit my machine and in a running fight for survival I managed to drag him across the front towards the aerodrome at Asserville over which he took quite a bit of ground fire and I managed to finish him off just over the field. I then landed for repairs and refueling. Rest of flight uneventful. Arrived back at our field around 1340h

Total Flight Time: 61 minutes. --FritzUnterreithmeier, U/O.

[/quote]

Edited by Baldric

Baldric, you got me wrong - I didn't mean this thread to be for posting combat reports.

There is a "Sticky Thread" for that: "Reports from the Front".

Later on, when P4 is out, we shall reanimate the "Full DiD Campaign", which will also be in the Stickies.

My bad, I'll use the Reports from The Front thread next installment :grin:

Yeah, but why should you know, wether they are friend or foe?

In real life, they didn't know that either.

Your choice to fly on, or to turn away. But a TAC - they didn't have one.

Hi Olham,

We've been through this before.

The reason I do that is because my video card - even now - is a bit crap and in no way equates to the sort of visibility that I and my opponents would have had in WWI in real life. Thus, I consider it quite acceptable to compensate by using what are, frankly, pretty minimalist aids to help balance out the fact that AI has unlimited vision, unlimited knowledge and unlimited prescience, apparently.

The way you fly may be OK for you, but unless your video card is as good as human eyesight, then what you've actually doing is playing the game at a disadvantage, particularly seeing as you don't get full briefings about enemy squadrons, absolutely accurate landscape and the chance to chat to other pilots from other squadrons.

I'm sure you get the point. TAC is a crude substitute, but until you have utter, utter immersion, it's a fair substitute in my book.

Cheers,

Si

Sorry, Mighty - I can't remember everything that was exchanged.

You're right, you want a decent chance - at least as close as possible to the real pilot's sight.