Polovski

OFF2 Screenshots - Roland model updated & Summer Scenery

Hi Guys, here's 3 screenshots of the new summer scenery of Flanders coming soon in OFF2 and showing the updated Roland model, and cockpit and a texture.

The scenery has been improved more by Winder even since the last video and is looking stunning.

Note: many sims have just 1 or 2 terrain tiles total, but OFF not only has each major region with different terrain - Flanders, Marne, Verdun, Alsace, and England - but also they have Summer Spring Winter and Autumn.

post-7478-0-43255300-1329405945.jpg

post-7478-0-71650700-1329405947.jpg

post-7478-0-09187400-1329405950.jpg

look at the good old roland. isn't she a beauty?

also the terrain is simply awesome. the sense for height is very much present. the feel of beeing very high is looking very realistic. one can even almost suffer from acrophobia simply by watching the picture :salute:

Guys, I have a good title for Winder: Winder, the Wizard of OFF.

Not that you other guys are not wizards, but these landscapes (which did look good already) are now looking so believeable,

while keeping that typical OFF-artistic touch - I'm stunned!

That Roland may even lure me into a two-seater.

That cockpit is great! Is that an electro-engine to start the engine via that chain, down at the right?

Winder, the Wizard of OFF.

+1

it was seeing Winder's works for CFS3 that made me start modding OFF's jet cousin Strike Fighters here :good:

and oh, I soo do like the new Roland :drinks:

It's a generator Olham. The pits tend to vary a lot. This has a radio set in the rear and a winch for the aerial.

It's a generator Olham. The pits tend to vary a lot. This has a radio set in the rear and a winch for the an aerial.

Wow - so they could wind a long aerial out and back in again?

I read about the funny accident with an aerial, which they couldn't wind back in again; in Lewis' "Sagittarius rising".

I think the craft was an early Morane two-seater - maybe the one we will get in P4?

Gads! The wait is almost unbearable. If I can make it just two more weeks.:tease:

Please keep the updates, pics and videos coming Pol.

Crossbones

... the sense for height is very much present. the feel of beeing very high is looking very realistic ...

It is indeed. Have the devs done something with the perspective?

Wow - so they could wind a long aerial out and back in again?

I read about the funny accident with an aerial, which they couldn't wind back in again; in Lewis' "Sagittarius rising".

I think the craft was an early Morane two-seater - maybe the one we will get in P4?

My only Aerial Story: Army Truck Convoy Fairbanks, Alaska . (USA) to the summer Tng Grounds near the Arctic Circle. A Recon A/c training for Low Level Photo Missions ( Mohawk OV-1 ) made a Simulated War time pass. The aerial ( Retractable ?) which was down acted a s a whip and struck the Army 2 1/2 ton truck with a box like cover ( metal ?). Paint chips and fragments flew everywhere with a resounding Whacking noise. I was in the Truck behind the one struck so I know that it is a true story. Late 1970 s maybe 76or78.

Just gotta drool over the art work for P-4 :heat:

Wow that looks great! Will you be updating the SE5 cockpit model from P3?

Yes all aircraft have been extensively updated.

Wm

With the haze, the scenery could almost be a photograph. As I said before, I'd probably pay full price just for the scenery, cockpit and plane upgrades. OFF 2 is going to be a revolution for flight sims in many ways. The fact that it will look so beautiful, too is stunning.

Thank you Devs for all of your hard work and for sharing bits of it here and there with us. OFF 2 is certainly on my "Must Have" list.

Hellshade

There are 100s of shots from OFF2/P4 including the new variant SE5, and updated other SE5a's. Have a look a on our website. Yes the video has the SE5 and SE5a's in there updated in many sequences. ALL craft shown in that are updated. The only thing that is Phase 3 is some of the effects in the video.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Phase4-Preview1.htm some SE5 shots are towards the end of that set of screenshots.

Also see the sticky for other craft and screenshots.

Thanks guys

Damn, that's sexy! It looks good enough for me to try flying Rolands again, which is saying a lot :grin:

It's looking so good, that's making the await for the release more painful to me.

And a Roland, one of my fetish planes.... :heat:

I found it Polovski, looking sweet. Can't wait for P3 to get here so I can try it out, then the wait begins for P4!

Damn, that's sexy! It looks good enough for me to try flying Rolands again, which is saying a lot

Are you good as a gunner, Bullet? Maybe we could fly it as a team. I can pilot the craft quite well and will land us safely.

Ok, I have been sold for some time now. All I need to know is where is the option to go ahead and pay for OFF2 now?

Sorry, mate, but whales are no fish - they are mammals. And these even have guns!

I'd say "Amazing!", but that's giving the word far too much to try and live up to.

Are you good as a gunner, Bullet? Maybe we could fly it as a team. I can pilot the craft quite well and will land us safely.

I can land the Roland OK. My problem with it is the way the upper wing blocks out the horizon at high altitudes. For some reason, this nauseates me, especially on cloudy days. Hell, I'm getting queezy right now just remembering the experience. This is the only time in any game that I've ever had an adverse physical reaction, so I consider it part of OFF's realism that it can actually make me airsick. Problem is, it's a bit of realism I'd as soon do without.

Sorry, mate, but whales are no fish - they are mammals. And these even have guns!

It may be called the Walfisch, but I still say it looks like a fish. :grin: