Sign in to follow this  
Streakfalcon

Fuel tanks with oct 11 patch

Ok guys, I need confirmation on something. I recently downloaded the sf2 NF-5A package. This model has multiple skins for the plane and drop tanks. It does not operate on the tank is part of the plane model principle like the two seater Northrups do, so you cannot just put the tank skin in with the plane skin.This means multiple weapons folders for each tank skin in the main weapons folder. With my NF4+ install patched to 2010 level, this works just fine. The main data ini for the airplane calls for a fuel tank type NF5A_TKW . Any weapon with the TYPENAME=NF5A_TKW will work and show up in the loading menu.The folders in the main weapon folder can be named different things and the tanks themselves can be called different names and skinned differently. Now with my Oct.2011 install, the game will only recognize the tank if i have a folder in my main weapons folder called NF5A_TKW. The weapon ini in that folder must match the TYPENAME called out in the plane data ini exactly. Which means now only one tank for each plane and only one skin for each tank. This has also happened to me with Ravenclaws German Canadair Sabres and their multiple tank skins. Anyone found a workaround?

here is a fix to the problem , replace the data_ini and loadout_ini with this new ones and replace your drop tanks with the ones includet here NF-5A Fix.rar

you should now be able to select your drop-tanks as you are used to , for the canadair Mk.6 you have to do the same but safe your original data_ini befor you star editing :grin:

basically you have to make a weaponsstation entry for each drop tank but dont forget to add the entry to the leftwing and rightwing as well

and you have to renumber the new weaponstation StationID= with the next number in order (check the new NF-5A data_ini)

Edited by ravenclaw_007

what about using the new nation-specific loadout? call the exact tank you want for each nation, in a seperat listing?

Thanks ravenclaw. :drinks: Pretty labor intensive now to do all the planes that way. I wonder which patch specifically changed that.

And since it hadnt been metioned before, I wonder if its a widespread issue or just the 0ct 11 patch? I am sooooooo ocd about my fuel tanks, thanks for replying.

what about using the new nation-specific loadout? call the exact tank you want for each nation, in a seperat listing?

kevin that would not work , the nation in this case is always the same :grin:

NF-5A = NETHERLANDS , but the aircraft did have 4 different camos during the time in service

i could try to use the SpecificStationCode= to solve the problem , if i have time to do so

Turkey used them too....

As also the CF-104 & NF-5B... :grin:

Turkey used them too....

As also the CF-104 & NF-5B... :grin:

not this one , unless somebody borrowed them from the NF-5A mod

i made this drop-tanks only for the NF-5A mod and even if you use them for an other mod renaming is not that difficult :grin:

Slick solution mate, thanks for the upload too :good:

I came across this while editing the F-5 and Sabre skins for the Anatolian terrain, so I had been looking for a solution.

Now the only problem left is the AI loadouts. (for campaings) and I think we could assign different loadouts for skins, off to check that..

that would solve everything if you could make a skin-specific loadout :good: