Sign in to follow this  
ultramig688

no afterburner flame

i have beentrying to fix the afterburner flames on a couple of diffrent aircraft that i downloaded.the mig-31m and the su-35 but am having no success.i even looked in the knowledge base and found the article about converting sf1 aircraft to sf2 and followed it as per the instructions and still can not get any afterburner flame to work.does anybody have any suggestions as what to do.?

copy/paste the statements off a stock aircraft data ini. Quickest and easiest!

AfterburnerEmitterName=AfterburnerEmitter2

(from MiG-23)

i have tried that with 3 or 4 different afterburner effects (f-15afterburner,eagleburner,afterburner emitter,etc).and also made sure the effects and the TGA files were int he effects folder but still no flame.

you don't need extra ones, if using a stock one ...

so, NONE of the AB effects are working, even on STOCK aircraft (Phantom, Crusader, any MiG made flyable)???

If that's the case, your install is borked, and should be deleted (the mods folder), and started from fresh with abso-frakking-lutely NO addons, to make sure the stock, out-of-the-box game is working correctly. This'll help narrow down the issue to 'game files' or "machine issues". That's something I'd reccomend in any case, given the recent problems you seem to be having.

you can just rename the mods folder (assuming SF2) with a x, run the SF2.exe, let it rebuild the mods folder, move your defalut.ini to the /Controls folder so yo don't have to remap all the controls, and see what works. With STOCK aircaft -no add ons!!!

More and more it's starting to sound like a machine issue, not a mods issue.

thanks wrench i will check my stock aircraft (f-4 ,F-15A,etc.)to see if they have afterburner.if not i will get rid of the mod folder and start from scratch and see if that works.will post after i have tried that.

well checked stock aircraft and the only one that has afterburner is the f-4.f-105,f-15 dont have a flame butt the engine burner lights up,i do have one addon that he afterburner flame works and that is the f-18 superhornet 2.0 .so i trashed the mod folder and will start from scratch.

For some reason prior to my reinstall\merge,my stock ab effects stopped working,seems the tgas of the stock afterburneremitter2 got corrupt some how,I fixed it by extracting them or just using the new ones in the unified effects pack.

starting a new mod folder did the trick.the burner flames are back on the stock aircraft and the mig-31 works also.have not added other aircraft yet but don't think i'll have any problems.thanks to everyone for the help :good: